Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Some info i would have liked to find

Posted: 03/04/07 00:26:27

Hi just stumbled across this website and there is some info i would have liked to know, and i believe should be written in huge characters at the front page, but i couldn't find them.

I am a beginner to D. And i just would like to know... why Tango? What makes it better than Phobos/Ares ?

thanks (Sorry if it is written somewhere and i just missed it)

Posted: 03/04/07 00:29:21 -- Modified: 03/04/07 00:30:20 by
Auria -- Modified 2 Times

I just saw "Tango began as a merge of Ares and Mango." on the about page... Does that mean Ares has been renamed to Tango or is it a fork? All D pages/wiki still talk about Ares, none mention Tango.

(PS i got this when trying to edit first post: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 451, in dispatch_request

dispatcher.dispatch(req)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 265, in dispatch

resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req)

File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/tracforums/web_ui.py", line 276, in process_request File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/tracforums/models/topic.py", line 412, in validateSave File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/db/util.py", line 50, in execute

return self.cursor.execute(sql_escape_percent(sql), args)

TypeError?: not all arguments converted during string formatting )

Posted: 03/04/07 06:09:59

Tango is basically a merge of Ares and Mango. Ares seems to be discontinued, but the parts of Mango that are not included in Tango live on as an add-on to Tango, and is still called Mango.

Some Mango info here:

http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2369