Standalone milestone for all documentation related tasks. The reasoning is that at this time, most of the documentation isn't part of the releases in any case, but of the website. If we can move all docs to a source based solution (see notes on DocBook), then documentation tasks are better integrated with the release milestones.
The goals of this milestone includes :
- A complete reference manual (this will always be a moving target, but we should try to be ajour at some point).
- Complete API docs.
- A more complete set of tutorials
- Further refining/cleaning of examples
- Coherent outward design, that is common package hierarchy
- Look into a Virtual File System design that can be applied to compressed libraries, net accessed file repositories (FTP), etc - see VFS package design
- Look into a compression system that can cope with several algorithms - see Compression package design
- Possibly add a XML package, but this will be postponed if no progress is made - see XML package design
- Set revision branching and tagging conventions in stone as much as possible - RepositoryOrganization?
See milestone:Documentation for related documentation tasks.
Change log for this release.
- More packages, compression, ...
- Improved web presence
- Improved documentation setup, possible using DocBook for all reference content
- In the blue ideas:
- Online compiler
This milestone is for tickets that are due to bugs elsewhere, generally in the compilers - on some occasions other parts of the toolchain. The tickets here cannot be fixed in Tango (although some may be possible to workaround), and are thus kept here such that they don't occupy space in the normal release milestones.