Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

text.xml.Document - Previous Definition Different (Linker Error)

Moderators: kris

Posted: 04/09/08 05:53:51

Hi,

I'm new to D and this is the first problem i'm having. I'm trying to build an application using DSSS in which 2 modules (one imports the other) use Tango XML functionality and I'm getting the linker error displayed below.

If I remove the XML import and code from one of the modules, it works fine. I've tried using only one public import and the problem persists.

I'm using the last Tango release(0.99.5) and I've tried DMD 1.27 and 1.28 with no success. The linker version seems to be the same in both. I've read something about passing the files all at once to the compiler, but i can't find the option to do so in the rebuild binary or dsss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

OPTLINK (R) for Win32 Release 8.00.1 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004 All rights reserved. dsss_objs\D\drc-client-ServerConnector?.obj(drc-client-ServerConnector?) Offset 029A6H Record Type 0091

Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _D5tango4text3xml8Document15T8DocumentTaZ8Document7Visitor6initZ

dsss_objs\D\drc-client-ServerConnector?.obj(drc-client-ServerConnector?) Offset 029F1H Record Type 0091

Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _D5tango4text3xml8Document15T8DocumentTaZ8Document8NodeImpl6initZ

dsss_objs\D\drc-client-ServerConnector?.obj(drc-client-ServerConnector?) Offset 05C8EH Record Type 0091

Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _D5tango4text3xml8Document14T7XmlPathTaZ7XmlPath7NodeSet6initZ

--- errorlevel 3 Command D:\Tools\D\dmd\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code -1, aborting.

There are no responses to display.