= Global options =
When starting Visual Studio for the first time after installation of Visual D, you might want to check the global settings that can be reached from the Menu Tools -> Options -> Projects:
- DMD Install path: The path to DMD you entered within the installer.
- Executable paths: Directories to be added to the PATH environment variable before executing build commands.
- Import paths: Directories to be added to the import paths specified in the project configuration and specified in the DMD configuration file (also used for import statement completion and finding symbol definition).
- Library paths: Directories to be added to the LIB environment variable before executing build commands.
- JSON paths: Directories to search for *.json files to find symbol definitions.
- Resource includes: include paths to pass to the resource compiler when building resource files.
Available text replacements:
- $(DMDINSTALLDIR): DMD Install path
- $(WINDOWSSDKDIR): Windows SDK Directory
- $(DEVENVDIR): Directory of Visual Studio executable devenv.exe
- $(VSINSTALLDIR): Root directory of Visual Studio installation
- $(VISUALDINSTALLDIR): Installation folder of Visual D
- any variable from the system environment enclose in $()
The '''Visual D Settings''' will allow you to enable and disable
- showing the build time for each project in the output window
- sorting the projects alphabetically
- showing demangled names in the error list
Please note that there is also a new entry "D" in the Text Editor branch to setup [wiki:Tour/Editor syntax highlighting]: