When starting Visual Studio for the first time after installation of Visual D, you might want to check the global settings that can be reached from the Menu Tools -> Options -> Projects:
The Visual D Settings will allow you to enable and disable
- showing the build time for each project in the output window
- sorting the projects alphabetically
- stop building the solution as soon as a project fails to compile
- showing demangled names in the error list and linker output
- monitor the linker for additional library dependencies
- JSON paths: Directories to search for *.json files to find symbol definitions.
- Resource includes: include paths to pass to the resource compiler when building resource files.
- additional command line options for the "Compile and Run" command
For each supported compiler, there is a separate page to setup directories to be used during cmpilation:
- Install path: The path to the compiler installation folder you entered within the installer.
- DMD: this is not the
- Executable paths: Directories to be added to the PATH environment variable before executing build commands.
- Import paths: Directories to be added to the import paths specified in the project configuration and in the DMD configuration file (also used for import statement completion and finding symbol definition).
- Library paths: Directories to be added to the LIB environment variable before executing build commands.
Available text replacements:
- $(DMDINSTALLDIR): DMD Install path from the "DMD directories page"
- $(DMDINSTALLDIR): GDC Install path from the "GDC directories page"
- $(DMDINSTALLDIR): LDC Install path from the "LDC directories page"
- $(WINDOWSSDKDIR): Windows SDK Directory
- $(DEVENVDIR): Directory of Visual Studio executable devenv.exe
- $(VSINSTALLDIR): Root directory of Visual Studio installation
- $(VISUALDINSTALLDIR): Installation folder of Visual D
- any variable from the system environment enclose in $()
Please note that you'll also find a new entry "D" in the Text Editor branch to setup syntax highlighting and more.