Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Building in GDC

Moderators: kris

Posted: 05/18/11 15:44:36

I am not sure about the relationship between gdc and tango. I read some places it isn't supported but I see it mentioned in several recent svn commits. Either way, here is the result of a build attempt from the repo.

bryan@bryan-desktop:~/Programs/tango$ ./build/bin/linux64/bob -m=64 -r=gdc -c=gdc -p=linux .
object.Exception: Process exited normally with return code 1
./tango/net/device/Berkeley.d:2219: Error: function std.intrinsic.bts (uint*,uint) does not match parameter types (ulong*,ulong)
./tango/net/device/Berkeley.d:2219: Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (cast(ulong*)&(this.first()[cast(ulong)this.fdelt(s)])) of type ulong* to uint*
./tango/net/device/Berkeley.d:2257: Error: function std.intrinsic.btr (uint*,uint) does not match parameter types (ulong*,ulong)
./tango/net/device/Berkeley.d:2257: Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (cast(ulong*)&(this.first()[cast(ulong)this.fdelt(s)])) of type ulong* to uint*

Help?

Posted: 05/20/11 09:36:23

This topic says the problem is fixed. http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/forums/topic/890

I just added this line of code to the top of the file to get it to build...

version(GNU)
{
	private import tango.core.rt.compiler.gdc.std.intrinsic;
}

Posted: 05/21/11 02:31:39

Alright, that didn't work... But I am hacking the hell out of it to get a successful build. I am getting very close. No one seems to be interested though. So I'll just take the results to my blog.