Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Request for clarification on a sensitive topic

Posted: 06/10/10 19:43:10

First of all, I'd like to apologize in advance for bringing up a chapter in the Phobos/Tango/Time saga (and for being somewhat vague in the subject line)...It's not my intention to fan any flames. And it's certainly not my intent to be the kid on the playground saying "Hey! Person A said B about you, you're not going to take that are you?". In fact, my hope with this post is I can help clear the air. I also apologize in advance if this should have been a private email/message, I didn't see any private message feature though, or a private contact listed. I also apologize if it turns out that my inquiry here is just another in a bigger stream of people asking the same thing - I don't mean to nag, or be part of a big, umm, "nag-group" or anything. So with all of that hopefully in mind (especially the part about my sincere intent being to help clear the air!):

There's a recent post on the digitalmars.D.announce newsgroup ( http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce&artnum=18666 ) within which Steven Schveighoffer says he contacted Kris to verify a claim from Moritz Warning that Kris is perfectly OK with Shoo's time code going into Phobos. Steven claims that "Kris has no comment" and also claims that that effectively implies a "no".

Since that strikes me a significant accusation that could do potential PR damage to Tango, I'm acting under the assumption that there's been some sort of miscommunication. So I'd, humbly, like to invite Kris to clarify his intent either on that thread in the newsgroup, or here where I or someone else can deliver it to the newsgroup, to help clear things up.

Posted: 06/10/10 20:56:38

You could always use the PM functionality of the dsource phpbb.

Posted: 06/11/10 02:35:44

Thanks Abscissa,

Have refrained from making any comment on this topic: it has, it seems, been discussed publicly only by "phobos folks" ? (pardon the phrase ~ not sure of a better term)

I'm somewhat hesitant to change that position. However, I will state that most everything I've read related to this topic has sufficient misinformation to make even a politician blush

Best;

Posted: 06/23/10 17:57:49

Thank you for the reply :)

kris wrote:

it seems, been discussed publicly only by "phobos folks" ? (pardon the phrase ~ not sure of a better term) ... However, I will state that most everything I've read related to this topic has sufficient misinformation to make even a politician blush

If you'll pardon my saying so, both of those can be changed...(Nudge, nudge ;) But if you'd really still prefer not to, I promise I won't push the issue any further.)