Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Installation

Moderators: larsivi kris

Posted: 04/02/07 16:22:56

Hello all,

Sorry for this post but after reviewing the complete site and related installation lines (all of them even the manual intall) I think i miss something:

On my new Kubuntu laptop I get: ./install/install-dmd.sh: 169: Syntax error: "}" unexpected

From the dsss download section even if I don plan to use it. Ok, I comment it dans get the install process...but nothing result even is installation ok :-( Where is it ?

I do all the installation manually but at the end I'm no more sure of which version I have and I plan to build code on linux but compile it to linux and windows with the wine to run the dmd.

Could you advice me the good way to solve this ?

Using the installers .sh I got problem on non exisit gdc.tar.gz and after core.tar.gz

Well I can redo the manual install but I would prefer an automatic one...simply because I woul like to use the Svn client to stay on the day to day update...and with my current problem I will never be able to have the .a lib at the same level as the tand.d files.

Where have I miss the line ?

Regards, Laurent.

Posted: 04/03/07 08:02:43

Hello,

After a good night.

Is it possible to have both the Tango and Phobos (patch Tango) in a .d format and to compile all will the gdc ?

In order not to use the .a files.

Cheers, Laurent.

Posted: 04/04/07 12:21:02

Hello,

Have it but the dmd and build are not stable...

hello compile not every time.

cqnnot find -lphobos...

any ide ?

Regards, Laurent

Posted: 04/04/07 12:32:20

Hello,

Have it but the dmd and build are not stable...

hello compile not every time.

cqnnot find -lphobos...

any ide ?

Regards, Laurent

Posted: 04/04/07 12:55:32

This is the linker, who complains, he's not able to find the library.

In my case, I had to pass "-L-L/usr/local/lib" to dmd. (e.g. via dmd.conf) The first "-L" is for dmd, that "-L/usr/local/lib" is passed to the linker as a search directory for libraries. Of course you should make this point to the corresponding directory or create a symlink from your libphobos.a to /usr/local/lib/libphobos.a

Posted: 04/04/07 15:28:45

Hello,

Thanks.

I move back from build to rebuild and added the "-L..." directly in the dmd.conf

And now it is yorking.

Well I will now learn the rebuild syntax and install the dsss too.

Regards, Laurent.