Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

MacOS X Compile Issues (0.96 Beta 2, GDC 0.23)

Moderators: kris

Posted: 03/23/07 23:24:22

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? When running build-gdc.sh on OS X 10.4.9, and gdc 0.23 (from dports), I get the following errors:

gdc -o dgccmain2.o -g -frelease -O2 -fversion=GC_Use_Alloc_MMap -fversion=GC_Use_Stack_Fixed -fversion=GC_Use_Data_Dyld -nostdinc -pipe -I../../.. \ -c dgccmain2.d dgccmain2.d:161: Error: no property 'file' for type 'object.Exception' dgccmain2.d:164: Error: no property 'file' for type 'object.Exception' dgccmain2.d:164: Error: no property 'line' for type 'object.Exception' dgccmain2.d:169: Error: no property 'toUtf8' for type 'object.Exception' dgccmain2.d:171: Error: no property 'next' for type 'object.Exception' dgccmain2.d:171: Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (1) of type int to object.Exception Error: cannot cast int to object.Exception make[2]: *** [dgccmain2.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make: *** [lib] Error 2

Anyone else run into this?

Posted: 03/23/07 23:29:09

Do you have GPhobos installed somewhere? If so, try changing the directory name or your default include path or whatever and see if that helps. I think build-gdc.sh may be seeing the GPhobos object.d file instead of the object.di file defined within Tango.

Posted: 03/23/07 23:29:19

It won't let me edit that post (Trac errors), so here's the formatted version:

dgccmain2.d:161: Error: no property 'file' for type 'object.Exception'
dgccmain2.d:164: Error: no property 'file' for type 'object.Exception'
dgccmain2.d:164: Error: no property 'line' for type 'object.Exception'
dgccmain2.d:169: Error: no property 'toUtf8' for type 'object.Exception'
dgccmain2.d:171: Error: no property 'next' for type 'object.Exception'
dgccmain2.d:171: Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (1) of type int to object.Exception
Error: cannot cast int to object.Exception
make[2]: *** [dgccmain2.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [lib] Error 2

Posted: 03/23/07 23:31:32

Sean,

I figured that's what it might be. Isn't phobos installed with GDC by default, or is that just the port? You'd think the -nostdinc would take care of that too, but I'll move phobos out of the way for now and see what happens.

Posted: 03/23/07 23:35:00

Hmm.. If I move the installed d include directory out of the way, I get the following error instead:

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking If gdc can compile D sources... object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'
no
configure: error: can't compile D sources!

Posted: 04/15/07 22:46:21

hi jd, actually exactly the same thing happens here at my machine. did you find a solution for that?

Posted: 04/15/07 23:04:27

A new release will be posted shortly. There has been quite a few changes overall, so I would recommend to try again when that is out? Should be in a couple of hours.