Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Of Tango threads and sockets

Moderators: larsivi kris

Posted: 03/31/09 22:35:40

I am trying to communicate between two thread by using UDP, but I don't have any knowledge of what to do to set this up. Could someone possibly explain what I need to do, or point me at a good tutorial, as my knowledge of actually getting UDP running is sketchy to minimal. Many thanks.

Posted: 04/01/09 17:52:21

Why are you using sockets? Try tango.io.device.ThreadPipe.

On the other hand, if you are just trying to learn how to use sockets, then there are plenty of online tutorials. I just was shocked to learn that the tango tutorial is severely lacking. But you can find some useful information in the manual

Posted: 04/01/09 19:04:56

Yeah, Steve, why didn't you write it? :(

Posted: 04/02/09 22:44:54 -- Modified: 04/02/09 22:46:21 by
webwraith -- Modified 2 Times

Reason # 1 is as you say, that I'm trying to learn sockets. Reason # 2 is that I intend to allow multiple clients later, all connected via network(LAN/WAN) to a server(In this case, one of the threads), hence I wanted a standardized communication medium.

Posted: 04/03/09 04:25:10

larsivi wrote:

Yeah, Steve, why didn't you write it? :(

Oh, yeah, I was just sitting here twiddling my thumbs for hours. Too bad, I could have wrote that tutorial in that time :P

In all seriousness though, if nobody updates that tutorial, it should be removed, it's not even close to a tutorial.