Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Arguments.d missing (removed?) in 0.99.7

Moderators: kris

Posted: 09/04/08 21:53:11

Since I had the impression this was suppose to replace ArgParser? and I don't see anything about it in the release notes I assume it wasn't officially removed, but it does seem to be missing in all the release packages (at least windows and linux dmd binary bundles and zip and tar sources).

Can someone say if this module is really going away, simply missed somehow in the packaging or maybe I'm just blind and it really is there somewhere?

Posted: 09/04/08 22:23:32

It was part of earlier packages by a mistake, but should resurface later when it has received some planned care and review. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted: 09/05/08 14:08:38

If you are interested in the latest version (i.e. already have code that uses it), it is still in the svn trunk. However, in order to use it, you will need to rebuild tango from the trunk source.

-Steve

Posted: 09/06/08 10:55:20

The module in trunk hasn't been updated since the last release, so actually it should work if you just drop it into your tango folder (and recompile the user library if you don't use dsss). I found that one missing too.

Posted: 09/07/08 04:46:02

Thanks for the information. I punted for now and just placed it in my own package until it gets back into the official tango releases.