Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

tango trunk with dfl :(

Moderators: kris

Posted: 07/03/08 07:41:13

hi i wanted to use dfl with the tango from the trunk svn but it wouldnt compile:

tango.io.FileConst is being migrated - please import tango.io.model.IFile instea
d
internal\dlib.d(305): Error: undefined identifier module Integer.Style
internal\dlib.d(305): Error: no property 'HexUpper' for type 'void'
internal\dlib.d(304): function tango.text.convert.Integer.format!(char,uint).for
mat (char[],uint,char[]) does not match parameter types (char[16u],uint,int)
internal\dlib.d(305): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (1) of type in
t to char[]
internal\dlib.d(305): Error: cannot cast int to char[]
internal\dlib.d(305): Error: integral constant must be scalar type, not char[]
internal\dlib.d(311): Error: function expected before (), not 0 of type int
internal\dlib.d(311): Error: no property 'dup' for type 'int'
internal\dlib.d(311): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (1) of type in
t to char[]

Failed.

Done.
Could Not Find C:\D\tango\import\dfl\*.obj
Failed.
Press any key to continue . . .

Im guessing its better to ask here than dfl but anyway does anyone know how i could edit the dfl code as a work around.

Posted: 07/03/08 07:47:19

I think DFL normally only supports releases of Tango, not trunks in between. If you want to look at it yourself though, you could check out this page.

Posted: 07/27/08 10:38:13

So many d projects seem to be dying now which is a real shame bcos its such a great language. Im glad tango isnt like that but the whole dprogramming.com site seems to not have been updated in a while. I may look at dfl in a few weeks but if not what is everyone else doing when they want to make d guis.

Posted: 07/27/08 17:22:38

tim-m89 wrote:

So many d projects seem to be dying now which is a real shame bcos its such a great language. Im glad tango isnt like that but the whole dprogramming.com site seems to not have been updated in a while. I may look at dfl in a few weeks but if not what is everyone else doing when they want to make d guis.

DWT is going strong. I think it's the best gui available that's written in 100% D. wxD is a contender too if you don't mind a mixed-language solution. DWTs main problem is that it feels too much like Java, but Frank's has been doing an excellent job maintaining it. Of course, as with many open source projects, there's no telling how long that will last. Life happens, even to the best of us.

Posted: 08/10/08 11:16:07

larsivi wrote:

By the way, there is an updated version of DFL at http://www.dsource.org/projects/dfl/browser/trunk

Most of the tango examples work with tangobos 0.99.7

dirlist.d compiles, but crashes (on my Win XP).