Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Unable to compile after installing

Moderators: kris

Posted: 06/30/08 01:31:46

Hey all,

I just did a fresh install of Tango with DMD on Windows following the tutorial about modifying sc.ini on the Wiki. However, whenever I try to compile anything, it gives me the following error:

object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

Here is my sc.ini

[Version]
version=7.51 Build 020

[Environment]
LIB="%@P%\..\import\lib;%@P%\..\lib;%@P%\..\..\dm\lib"
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\import" -version=Tango -defaultlib=tango-base-dmd -debuglib=tango-base-dmd ;-L+tango-user-dmd.lib"
LINKCMD="%@P%\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe"

Does anybody know what is wrong? Thanks.

Posted: 06/30/08 08:57:50

If you look at your sc.ini, the first part of DFLAGS is what tells the compiler where to find the imported files, including implicitly imported files like object.d - the %P% part is where the compiler is installed. So you should find the file object.di and tango/* in the folder 'import' that is next to where you installed your compiler binary.

So either you haven't installed Tango such that the above is correct for you, or you have a different DMD installed somewhere that use a different sc.ini. In that case I would have expected the compiler to find a different object.di though, so most likely it is the first reason. If you can't figure it out, please make a draft of your directory structure such that we may help you better.

Posted: 06/30/08 13:49:43

Oh I got it to work. I had installed DMD, then made a folder inside DMD's called import THEN put all of the Tango stuff in it (bin, import, example, lib, installk). What I just realized is that Tango has DMD in it already. So I just deleted everything inside my DMD folder and put Tango's content in it.

Thanks!