Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Link problem on windows w dmd and LinkSeq

Moderators: kris

Posted: 03/04/07 23:29:43

I built the tango libs from the .bat file, and I was able to compile the hello.d and it works. I downloaded file tango-0.95.1-src.zip to do this. However, with chapterStorage.d, I get this error:

L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\ben\Modeler>bud chapterStorage.d
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\LinkSeq.obj(Link
Seq)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango4util10collection4impl4Cell26__T4CellTPC7mod
eler5PointZ4Cell7elementMFZPC7modeler5Point

L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\ben\Modeler>

output of bud -test chapterstorage.d (the chapterstorage.ksd file):

chapterStorage.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\HashMap.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\protocol\model\IReader.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\model\IBuffer.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\model\IConduit.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\protocol\model\IProtocol.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\protocol\model\IWriter.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\HashParams.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\GuardIterator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Iterator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\LLCell.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\Cell.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Comparator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\LLPair.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\MapCollection.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\Collection.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\View.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Dispenser.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Map.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\MapView.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\SortedKeys.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\AbstractIterator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\ArrayBag.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\CLCell.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\BagCollection.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Bag.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\BagView.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\LinkSeq.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Sortable.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\SeqCollection.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\Seq.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\SeqView.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\CircularSeq.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\ArraySeq.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\TreeBag.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\model\SortedValues.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\RBCell.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\impl\DefaultComparator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\iterator\FilteringIterator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\iterator\InterleavingIterator.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\Stdout.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\Console.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\sys\Common.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\Buffer.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\DeviceConduit.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\io\Conduit.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\text\convert\Format.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\text\convert\Utf.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\text\convert\model\IFormatService.obj+L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\text\Ascii.obj
chapterStorage.exe
chapterStorage.map

chapterStorage.def/noi/map

My path looks like this:

PATH=L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\bin;L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dm\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\;C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\ISelect\Bin6;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Projects\Bpl;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;C:\Program Files\WinCvs 1.2\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Docs\cpp\STLport-4.6.2\lib;;C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Borland\CaliberRM SDK 2005 R2\lib;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Documents and Settings\bburdette\My Documents\Borland Studio Projects\bpl;C:\Program Files\WinCvs 1.2\

And my sc.ini:

[Version]
version=7.51 Build 020

[Environment]
LIB=%@P%\..\lib;\dm\lib
DFLAGS="-I%HOME%\common" "-I%HOME%\.."
LINKCMD=%@P%\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe

The same link error occurs in a program that I wrote that uses LinkSeq?. I also downloaded setup-tango-0.95-beta1.exe and tried running that, but it gets a 404 error trying to download a zip file.

Posted: 03/06/07 17:25:24

Soo, no response yet. Is anyone else using dmd to build and run tango on windows? According to the newsgroup, I heard DMD may not be the best for this lib. What are people having success with on windows? Right now I'm thinking about just deleting my whole 'D' directory and starting over, maybe it will work this time.

Posted: 03/07/07 22:06:19

After the reinstall, did you get things working?

Posted: 03/09/07 01:09:20

I tried getting the latest from the trunk and building it, but I got even more link errors with that. Then the installer started working again, and I tried it - but I got the same result as when I built the libs myself. I haven't had time to do anything more, maybe tomorrow I'll try starting completely from scratch.

Posted: 03/09/07 15:56:17

Success! I reinstalled everything and it works. I think the problem may have been that I installed 'dmd' first because I didn't know I would need 'dm' (the digital mars 'c' compiler). This time, by chance, I installed 'dm' first and I noticed that 'dmd' replaced some of the items in the 'dm' folder, notably link.exe. So in my previous install the link.exe was the wrong one, the original 'c' link.exe.

Posted: 03/09/07 16:42:03

Glad to hear it :)