Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Creating symlink over old libphobos.a(?)

Moderators: kris

Posted: 04/07/08 13:20:53

I'm getting compile errors due to a mismatch between libphobos.a and Tango and I believe I've ready something somewhere about replacing libphobos.a with a symlink that points to a Tango replacement. I've been searching for that to no avail, and am hoping that someone can help me out with this. :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - A. Einstein

Posted: 04/07/08 14:02:25

Technically you don't need to replace libphobos.a so long as your dmd.conf/sc.ini and build tools don't link it in, but replacing it may be easier. The install script in tango/lib should sort this out for you. If you use dsss you may also need to change which profile rebuild uses (etc/rebuild/default).

Posted: 04/07/08 16:53:05

Also, with recent DMD's we don't use libphobos anymore, but libtango-user-dmd using the -defaultlib switch.

Also see PhobosTangoCooperation

Posted: 04/08/08 00:37:28

Thanks all...adding -defaultlib, along with some hints from the following issue ticket, has led me to the Promised Land:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/ticket/176

Now I can start having some fun. Thanks again!

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - A. Einstein