Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Configuring Tango on Windows XP

Moderators: larsivi kris

Posted: 02/19/08 21:11:57

I followed the steps in Section "Install Binary Bundle". My compiles have stopped working. I get the following output when doing a compile.

object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

Tool completed with exit code 1

My sc.ini is as follows

[Version] version=7.51 Build 020

[Environment] ;LIB="%@P%\..\lib";\dm\lib LIB="%@P%\..\import\lib;%@P%\..\lib;%@P%\..\..\dm\lib" ;DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\src\phobos" DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\import" -version=Tango -defaultlib=tango-base-dmd -debuglib=tango-base-dmd LINKCMD=%@P%\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe

What am I missing?

Posted: 02/22/08 09:57:03

According to this: -I%@P%\..\import object.d (together with tango and std dirs) should be in the folder PATH\..\import where PATH is where dmd is. Is that right?

I doubt I can help anymore since I don't program on windows and don't use any of the tango bundles. Except to say that dmd should be in your path.

Posted: 07/26/09 22:07:29

Sorry, but the instructions on http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/WindowsInstall are very misleading to a newbie (as I am...) It took me something like 2 hours to figure out what to do to get hello world running with phobos.

If someone from the staff could change this? That would be nice.

First: It would be good to have the directory structure included in the instructions so that newbies can compare them to their own dir-structure (this is obviously a common error source - the comments on the page show it!)

Second: As a newbie I took the "hello world" program with the "Cout("Hello, World").newline;"-line. This doesn't work unless you use -L+tango-user-dmd.lib in your sc.ini (while I still don't know exactly what the tango-user-thingy is...)