Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Mac OSX crash

Moderators: kris

Posted: 09/26/07 14:18:44

Users of my tango based app are getting a fairly rapid crash. The official error message is "<device> :: Interrupted system call". The exception has no file or line number data in it. As best as I can tell, it's an I/O issue. As far as I've tracked it is to a call to LineIterator?!(char)::next. It appears to crash while waiting for new console input.

$ grep inStream gtp.d

LineIterator?!(char) inStream; /// Used for reading input (default = Cin) this(InputStream? _inStream=Cin.stream, OutputStream? _outStream=Cout.stream, double _pollPeriod=0.1)

inStream = new LineIterator?!(char)(_inStream); char[] line = inStream.next; // get the next complete line

Posted: 09/26/07 15:32:14

on linux? Win32? OSX?

Posted: 09/26/07 15:47:44

OSX (it was in the thread title)

Posted: 09/26/07 16:39:56

oh, so it was. Missed that :)

Posted: 09/27/07 02:35:20

I realize that I never actually asked a question. How do I solve this problem or go about solving this? Similar to the Tango development team, I don't have a mac, so I have to subject the user to doing debug attempts for me.

Posted: 09/27/07 15:35:49

to isolate the issue, how about running one of the examples? There one called example/text/token.d which also reads from the console. If that fails, then it would indicate an issue with our OSX console interface