Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Documentation change suggestion

Posted: 09/19/07 23:00:23

http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/WindowsInstall

This page should note that you need the digital mars compiler package installed as well in order to build tango. It does imply that it's needed but it's not explicit.

Main D page says to download and install it, but I went and deleted it after getting my D setup sorted.

It would also be nice to note that you shouldn't place the dmd\bin directory in a path which uses parenthesis, as they cause problems with using bud and probably other cli programs as well.

I'm so used to the windows command line environment being totally brain dead I didn't expect this to cause problems, so got caught out.

btw, I've just successfully built tango from the svn sources, which is nice. It's the most painless build I've experienced with D libraries so far.

Nice work!

Posted: 09/19/07 23:15:05

Thanks!

Would you like to make the changes? I can give you doc rights ...

An even easier way to install Tango and D is to download the Win32 bundle. It's just one simple zipfile with all lib and exe files in the right place, and with the sc.ini already patched appropriately :)

Posted: 09/20/07 17:29:24

kris wrote:

Thanks!

er ok. I would kind of like to contribute, but I bash out code for a living so I don't usually have much enthusiasm for development stuff in my spare time.

Improving docs is quick and easy enough though.

An even easier way to install Tango and D is to download the Win32 bundle. It's just one simple zipfile with all lib and exe files in the right place, and with the sc.ini already patched appropriately :)

'No user serviceable parts inside' is a despicable lie which keeps the ignorant ignorant and the stupid contributing to the gene pool.

Besides I did start with the rc4 zip, but some people insist on using phobos. GtkD isn't quite ready to work with tango and I was having problems with minid as well.

Posted: 09/20/07 17:39:47

div0 wrote:
kris wrote:

Thanks!

er ok. I would kind of like to contribute, but I bash out code for a living so I don't usually have much enthusiasm for development stuff in my spare time.

Improving docs is quick and easy enough though.

Cool, thank you :)

if div0 is your dsource id, you'll have doc-rights in a minute or two ...

Posted: 09/20/07 18:57:24

if div0 is your dsource id, you'll have doc-rights in a minute or two ...

er dunno. it's the user name I registered with phpbb forum with. I can't edit the page I was on about at the moment though, and I've tried logging off and back on.

My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.

Posted: 09/20/07 21:18:16

lol

I looked for div0 in the dsource member list, but didn't see you :(

Posted: 09/20/07 21:39:10

The tango forum user name should be the same as for dsource overall. I have tried adding div0 to the documentor groupt again. It really should work.

As for MiniD, I thought it was Tango only these days? Maybe it hasn't been updated for the last release.

Posted: 09/21/07 08:52:04

larsivi wrote:

The tango forum user name should be the same as for dsource overall. I have tried adding div0 to the documentor groupt again. It really should work.

Ah, you've sorted it. cheers

As for MiniD, I thought it was Tango only these days? Maybe it hasn't been updated for the last release.

Yup i got it working in the end. I was having links errors but I think that was down to bud.

My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.