Download Reference Manual
The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

XML package categorisation

Posted: 07/03/07 19:14:29 Modified: 07/03/07 19:15:02

Hello,

Just to add my $0.02, to implement XML (and other markup) protocols, it is important first to implement the base. So this would be to read the XML file properly and write the XML file properly, one way or the other. So we need a input stream and output stream for simply reading and writing.

On top of that we could build 1st class protocols such as DOM, SAX and others (such as writing objects, etc.) If those are ready, it is time to build 2nd class protocols (for example XML-SOAP, Atom, RSS, XSL, etc.)

I wouldn't however call this "core tango" and therefore it might need to be in a different package name such as "etango" for "Extended Tango". So it would be package names such as:

etango.xml.core.parser
etango.xml.core.io
etango.xml.dom
etango.xml.dom.xpath
etango.xml.sax
etango.webservices.soap
etango.xml.syndication.rss
etango.xml.syndication.atom
etango.xml.transform

As I said, just my $0.02 Sjoerd

How C++ became ancient

Posted: 07/04/07 21:40:12

Hello.

I have a working implementation (in D) of an LR parser. Should work on any grammar, which is being kept in a separate text file. Currently, the grammar in the file is one for XML, and the parser successfully builds an AST for XML documents.

Currently writing code to convert the AST into real XML.

Do you want to see the code?

Posted: 07/11/07 16:28:15

Ald Sannes wrote:

Hello.

I have a working implementation (in D) of an LR parser. Should work on any grammar, which is being kept in a separate text file. Currently, the grammar in the file is one for XML, and the parser successfully builds an AST for XML documents.

Currently writing code to convert the AST into real XML.

Do you want to see the code?

Everything that works would be practical.

Sjoerd

How C++ became ancient

Posted: 07/12/07 10:59:48

http://69.112.90.186:81/projects/LRParserAndXML.zip

Here you are.