The Developer's Library for D
About Wiki Forums Source Search Contact

Ubuntu Feisty Gdc Dsss

Moderators: larsivi kris

Posted: 05/16/07 09:58:43

Hello,

Installation done by :

tango-0.98-forDSSS-gdc-i686-pc-linux-gnu-withDSSS-withGDC.sh

I added the gcc-4.2 package from the Gusty release on a Feisty one (4.1) and I get the following :

/bin/rebuild: /home/skaith/CompileD/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6) /bin/rebuild: /home/skaith/CompileD/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6) dsss.conf written. :~/Coding/Hyridia/src$ gcc gcc-4.2 gccbug-4.2 gccmakedep

Could you please advice me on the way to correct it ?

Regards, Laurent.

Posted: 05/21/07 20:19:45

I don't know why this error occurs (I've read somewhere that this is some version mismatch between libstdc++ and gcc or the like). But I know how to get around it: When you compile GDC (or GCC) you have to run the command configure to create the makefile that then is used by the make and make install commands. To build GDC you normally have to execute configure --enable-languages=d, but with GCC 4.1 you have to do a configure --enable-languages=d --disable-shared. Even the official GDC pre-built binaries have this configuration.

I think this is a bug in the tango installer script you downloaded. I had a look at it, but it seems that GDC is built by an extra script packaged into the binary part of the installer script. So this is not so easy to fix (at least for me).

If I were you, I'd create a new ticket for this problem as this is something only the tango developers can fix.

Posted: 05/22/07 07:00:29

Remove /home/skaith/CompileD/lib/libgcc_s.so.1. Your native libgcc_s will be sufficient.

I thought I'd removed that file from the binary package ... whoops >_>

Posted: 06/25/07 09:15:26

Hi,

Moved to Gusty too to have the 4.2 requested. All working.

Thanks, Laurent