Welcome to Descent
This project is dead. Please use https://code.google.com/p/ddt/
- Installing the plugin
- Updating the plugin
- Configuring the plugin
- Configuring a project
- Compiling programs
- Running programs
- Debugging programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Descent tries to mimic JDT, so it's documentation may be useful, although not all of it: http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/gettingStarted/qs-BasicTutorial.htm
Also check out The Forum.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Awesome, flexible formatter.
- Automatic closing of strings, brackets, chars and comments.
- Code templates.
- Syntax errors and some semantic errors are shown with a reg squiggle.
- Autocompletion which writes the imports for you.
- Source on hover (shift+hover).
- Go to definition (ctrl+hover).
- Some compile-time function evaluation (ctrl+shift+hover).
- Greying of inactive code.
- Project Explorer.
- Outline view.
- Type Hierarchy view.
- Automatic generation of documentation comments (Params, Author, etc.).
- Spell checking.
- TODO tasks.
- Ddoc view.
- Declaration (source) view.
- Highlighting of all occurrences of the current token under the cursor.
- trace.log viewer
- Compile-time debugging
- Runs and debugs programs within the IDE.
D 1.x is fully supported.
D 2.x is partially supported: semantic analysis is far from perfect but features like autocompletion and go to definition should (but might not) work.
Now we are focusing in:
- Updating to the latest versions of DMD.
- Integrated builder?
As always with such an ambitious project, we need help! We're looking for testers, documentation writers, translators, and most of all developers. If you're interested in helping out, check this.
Here's where to reach those responsible for Descent: