FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buildme.bat for sdl_ex1.d

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Buildme.bat for sdl_ex1.d Reply with quote

Just starting to play around with Dee and Derelict. Took me a while to figure out a couple things and though it might be an idea to add a build file for the example to speed things up for newbees (me).

Here's one I made:
Code:
@if exist ..\buildconfig.bat (goto Config) else goto Build

:Config
@cd ..
@call buildconfig ?1

:Build
echo.
echo.
echo BUILDING SDL Example1...
?BUILD_CMD? -IDerelictSDL -IDerelictUtil examples\sdl_ex1.d ?COMMON_ARGS?

Thoughts? I just used one of the other build files as a template...
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get around to that one of these days. The more important thing is getting more examples in there. Besides, if we make it too easy then how will those new to D learn to build anything? Surprised
dolby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose...

Does the build file look ok?

Also - what about making a small script to copy all the Derelict*\derelict\ stuff into one directory to avoid having to reference every derelict package individually?
To better explain my point - here's an example of a build file I made to make one of my projects:
Code:

set DerelictPath=E:\Tonys\Code\D\Derelict
dmd -I?DerelictPath?\DerelictSDL -I?DerelictPath?\DerelictUtil -I?DerelictPath?\lib console_main.d
pause

So that you could just go:
Code:
dmd -I?DerelictPath? -I?DerelictPath?\lib console_main.d
aldacron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolby wrote:

Also - what about making a small script to copy all the Derelict*\derelict\ stuff into one directory to avoid having to reference every derelict package individually?

I know what you mean, but that's not something I'm interested in maintaining. Anytime I update the trunk I always manually copy the new stuff to the my global D import directory. Updates are not so frequent that it becomes annoying. And if you really must have a script to do so it would be much easier for you to make one yourself. If it's general enough perhaps you could share it with others here in the forums. Maybe you could even make a general 'D Library Installer' script to copy all D libraries you use when you update them.

Anyway, it takes only a few seconds to copy stuff over manually. So I don't have a burning desire to include such a script in the trunk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: