FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Squirrel Scripting Language D native version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Squirrel Scripting Language D native version Reply with quote

http://www.squirrel-lang.org/#overview

If anyone here would like to help me convert the Squirrel scripting language to a native D version, I would jump on that project in a heartbeat; I may jump on it anyways.

The squirrel source base is surprisingly small, it is zlib/png licensed and we would probably want to give it a different name so we have an excuse not to play version catch up with the original and so we could tweak it as needed.

Post here if you would like to help out with a project like this.
qbert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be interested Smile. I've always wanted to understand how scripting languages work, and squirrel looks really clean. Plus a scripting language we can use in commercial apps is really important for D i think.

I'm looking over the source now, where to go from there ? Are you still interested ?

Charlie
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err.. sorry. I've thought about it and would rather use MiniD and help out with that project if I get time to. The reason is because it is a scripting language made for D and in likeness of D so I figure it will be easier for me to integrate with my engine.

Brad, if you see this topic open a month from now, feel free to delete it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Potential Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: