FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mango Beta 5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Mango Beta 5 Reply with quote

Along with the new name comes a new Beta, and the start of some doxygen documentation ... Woohoo! (ahem)

Doc can be found over here http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/doc/html/index.html or unpack it from mango.zip over here http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/

Migration from Dsc to mango should be no more difficult than changing the imports from "dsc." to "mango.", and replacing the old Dsc directory with the new Mango one. All the make files have been updated and should work fine.

Last edited by kris on Thu May 20, 2004 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

kris wrote:
Along with the new name comes a new Beta, and the start of some doxygen documentation ... Woohoo! (ahem)
Nice. Is doxygen pretty friendly with D these days, or did you have to run the D source through a filter first?

kris wrote:
Doc can be found over here http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/doc/html/index.html
On Mozilla, the html is rendered as text. (Apparently, the content is sent as "text/plain" by the server.) Internet Explorer renders the formated text as expected. http://mango.dsource.org/ looks good with either browser. Hopefully, there's a setting where Brad can adjust the content type sent by the SVN view.
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
kris wrote:
Nice. Is doxygen pretty friendly with D these days, or did you have to run the D source through a filter first?

kris wrote:
Doc can be found over here http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/doc/html/index.html
On Mozilla, the html is rendered as text. (Apparently, the content is sent as "text/plain" by the server.) Internet Explorer renders the formated text as expected. http://mango.dsource.org/ looks good with either browser. Hopefully, there's a setting where Brad can adjust the content type sent by the SVN view.

Edit:
I think I figured out how it's done. I think anyone with write access to the Mango project could do this. (I tested this with my own subversion running locally on Windows.)
Code:
path = h:\apps\subver~1\bin
cd \www\local_~1
svn propset -R svn:mime-type text/html b_radons\urllib\html\*.html
svn commit -m "Changed mime-types on html"
The paths would be different for Mango, but it's the same idea.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris,

Seems like Justin ran into the issue I emailed you about. Wanna try this method of his? index.html on mango.dsource.org still points to SVN, so your changes may work if you commit them.
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Kris,

Seems like Justin ran into the issue I emailed you about. Wanna try this method of his? index.html on mango.dsource.org still points to SVN, so your changes may work if you commit them.

That looks like the right thing to do. Do you have the command-line stuff Brad? I mean, can you perform this magic on the server? I'm using TortoiseSVN which doesn't appear to go that deep : Crying or Very sad

Last edited by kris on Mon May 03, 2004 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo!

Justin, that's some cool cli code... worked like a charm. Any suggestions for mime-types for a zip file? I'll see if I can rig something up for downloads as well.
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: mime-type for zip Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Justin, that's some cool cli code... worked like a charm.
Lucky guess, I suppose.

brad wrote:
Any suggestions for mime-types for a zip file?
Give "application/zip" a try. I haven't tested it, but I found it in my mime.types config file for Apache. I have a good feeling about it.
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
kris wrote:

It's still run through a filter Justin, and there's a few issues:

- version() stuff is completely ignored; but that's somewhat tricky
- 'inner' classes and methods give doxygen a nightmare
- there's some funky issue with certain private declarations causing the rest of the doc to be ignored
- multiple imports using the ',' systax ends up in recursion hell (take a look at some of the import statements :-)
- doesn't handle interfaces at all at this point
- number of other smaller issues

All in all though, it's an honest-to-goodness godsend for D'ocumentation. Certainly helps in getting one's head around multiple modules, and I find the class hierarchy to be very helpful (and mostly accurate :-)

- Kris
kris

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Bingo!

Indeed! Thank-you both;
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

kris wrote:
It's still run through a filter Justin, and there's a few issues:
I was just at their website and I was pleased to find that D is on their radar (and they're open to suggestions):
Doxygen changelog wrote:
Include a patch by Hauke Duden which adds preliminary support for the D programming language (see http://www.digitalmars.com/d).
Maybe someday the filter won't be required.

Are you using your own filter or one that's posted somewhere? I do like the result.
kris

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
Are you using your own filter or one that's posted somewhere? I do like the result.

I'm using a slightly modified version of Hauke Duden's filter (posted on the old news group, Jan 2nd 2004). I changed it to handle the extended comment tags prevalent throughout Mango source (the extra long /************ patterns). Unlike Java, doxygen insists on /** as a documentation token rather than the "more than one star" approach. I may modify it a bit further to handle version() stuff.

It's mildly annoying that Interfaces don't show up in the doc, but that's likely to be something that can be patched into the filter also. Must give Hauke a shout to see if he has tackled some of these ...

But yes; overall the result are really very useful. Here's one that made me go "oh ... cool" http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/trunk/doc/html/classBuffer.html

Kudos to Dimitri van Heesch;

- Kris
jcc7

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mango Beta-5 Reply with quote

kris wrote:
jcc7 wrote:

I'm using a slightly modified version of Hauke Duden's filter (posted on the old news group, Jan 2nd 2004).
Cool.

I found Hauke Duden's filter (right where you said it was).
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

Do you have command-line for SVN Windows? It seemed as though you did.

Kris is having issues with his HTML not having the proper propset for mime-type. I'm not sure why they changed as he checked in new code, but maybe you have to do it each time.

Anyway, just wondering if TortoiseSVN had a command-line portion for Windows.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Anyway, just wondering if TortoiseSVN had a command-line portion for Windows.

Don't look like it. I downloaded the commandline tool in a separate package.
kris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Kris is having issues with his HTML not having the proper propset for mime-type. I'm not sure why they changed as he checked in new code, but maybe you have to do it each time.

I think I know what happened: there's almost 500 files in that doc/html directory, and having SVN fail after each group of twenty or so files was bugging the hell out of me. After Tortoise got really confused, I simlpy deleted the html directory and started over; adding files in small commits. Very tedious.

Anyway, perhaps I broke the mime-type association upon deleting that directory?

- Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: