FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress Shots (Updated Dec 26, 2005)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Progress Shots (Updated Dec 26, 2005) Reply with quote

December 26 miniupdate:
- ARC now has a simple particle engine, screenshot is here http://svn.dsource.org/projects/warbots/web/index.html
- collision detection is done

November 26 miniupdate:
- raknet now works with D for linux and windows

October 2 2005 miniupdate:
- miners detect scrap and collect it
- really crappy ddoc files
- click on robot and issue commands to them
- multiplayer core

clayasaurus wrote:

I'm starting to be in the final few stages for a first release. Though sometimes it feels the bigger my program is, the harder it is to manage, though that is what refactoring is for.

Most of the changes are behind the scenes and arn't visable, such as per pixel collision,randomly placed start location, and the ability to center the map on the building when the game starts up. I also added buttons to 'command the troops' with. Added toggleable music. Added 'scrap', which are supposed to be metallic remnants of fallen robots.

Next on my todo list is the ability to add 'miner' bots, and add a functional minimap.

clayasaurus wrote:

Totally new menu code based off my widget/element hud code.

Next up I will make the menu more functional by adding an Info element, a new input box, and some music.

clayasaurus wrote:

Basic fog of war and some gui work (refactoring old gui for less code and automatic organization of elements).

Next on my hitlist is adding a hidable menu on the top, refractoring my old menu code into a new beast.

clayasaurus wrote:

I am refractoring ... again. The real difference is behind the scenes, however it shows a very slightly more detailed terrain.

clayasaurus wrote:

I have just made a robot that wanders randomly around the map with this lua script http://svn.dsource.org/projects/warbots/game/media/ai/warbot.lua. As you can see, I just have the "randomly wander" AI routine done, nothing special. I also have my robot hardcoded to not run off the map by turning around once it gets to the edge, so you don't have to worry about running off the map in the script file. Screenshot doesn't show any of this, except for what the robot looks like : )

clayasaurus originally wrote:

This screenshot shows the map/art/menu. Nothing interesting yet, all you can do is load a map, save a map, display info (help/author/liscense), scroll around.

Next on my hit list is to have the robots wander around the map with the AI I will give them, which will be kept in a lua script, and after that I will give them missles and have them shoot each other.

Last edited by clayasaurus on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:35 am; edited 25 times in total
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, although you have to do something with your tiles so they blend nicely with each other... I haven't done any 2d tiled renderings, though the first thing that comes to my mind is to have the tiles actually larger so they overlap and use a mask to blend them together. By altering the mask you might change the shorelines, etc. There are probably better techniques around though Smile I'd ask google about unique terrain texturing with tiles Razz
Keep up the good work !
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but I'm more of a proponent of form before beauty : - ) Right now I'm concentrating on the AI and stuff, and getting robots that build cities and fight each other : )

But i'll add it on the que of future todo. My free time is drying up like a lake in the desert :-/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: