FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Derelict3 - DevIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dav1d

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Derelict3 - DevIL Reply with quote

Will you also include DevIL in derelict3 (and OpenAL, FT …)?
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to unless there was a request for it. The Devil repository hasn't been updated in nearly two years. Some maintainers of bindings for other languages have dropped support for it. And I've seen more and more people recommending FreeImage in gamedev forums these days. Based on all of that, I'd sort of rather not be bothered with it.

On the other hand, it isn't much work to implement. And, since DevIL isn't being regularly updated, will take near zero-effort to maintain. So I'll consider this a request. In which case, I'll throw something together soonish.
dav1d

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to combine old Derelict2 with Derelict3, let's see if the loaders are compatible (I think so). I don't care much what library I can use to load image, with DevIL it's just really easy to do it (https://bitbucket.org/dav1d/glamour/src/69b4df2876b6/glamour/texture.d#cl-245)

// Edit: ok doesnt seem to be that easy.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't take much to get it in shape for Derelict 3. I can find some time in the next 24 hrs.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ported DerelictIL over to Derelict3. Note that it's all compiled into one library, so you only need to link with the DerelictIL library. Still need to import devil.ilu and devil.ilut, though.

And I only just noticed the parentheses in your original post (AL, FT). I do plan to port most of everything else over. DerelictIL was the only one I was waffling about. DerelictSDL and DerelictSFML will be getting new implementations based on SDL2 and SFML2 (eventually). As for the rest, I'll see about getting that done tomorrow. I was going to document each package as I ported it so as not to be in the situation I'm in with Derelict2. But I hate documentation! So I'll just port first.
doob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
I was going to document each package as I ported it so as not to be in the situation I'm in with Derelict2. But I hate documentation! So I'll just port first.

It's a good idea but it doesn't work very often. I once tried to document functions before I implemented them, it didn't last very long.
dav1d

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Now I can remove derelict2 definitiv.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: