FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with build from SVN(24-Aug)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thornik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Issues with build from SVN(24-Aug) Reply with quote

Hello, Rainer and everybody!
Lately tried to assemble VD from sources (just taken from SVN) and it failed. Hope somebody have a time to fix it or at least point where to dig. Additionally I wanna share another ideas.

1. It could be nice to put directly in README or whatever, which variables in Makefile(s) must be changed. Mine is:

• For Makefile: DMD2, COFFIMPLIB, WINSDK, VSISDK
    • For sdk\Makefile: D, IMPLIB, COFFIMPLIB, WINSDK

(Cannot they use the same common vars?)
  2. NMake goes OK, but these warnings soon will be issues:
    Quote:
    c:\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -map bin\Release\vsi2d.exe.map -ofbin\Release\vsi2d.exe -version=vsi c2d\idl2d.d c2d\tokenizer.d c2d\tokutil.d c2d\dgutil.d c2d\dlist.d
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.ctype has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.ascii instead.
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.regexp has been scheduled for deprecation in August 2011. Please use std.regex instead.
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.toupper has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.toUpper instead.
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.tolower has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.toLower instead.
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.stripl has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.stripLeft instead.
    Warning: As of Phobos 2.052, std.string.repeat has been scheduled for deprecation in August 2011. Please use std.array.replicate instead.

Fortunately, it's just deprecations, i.e. definitely have a solution.
  3. After "Converting files" stage we fail:
    Quote:
    NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'rg\d\vs2010_addin\sdk\vsi\dte80.d'

Problem can be quickly solved by removing last 3 lined from 'VS2010_addin\sdk\vsi_sources', but what they do in public repository? :(
  4. Following re-NMake doesn't go so far:
    Quote:
    ..\sdk\vsi\dte80a.d(3): ';' expected following module declaration instead of ..

Now we have to fix mentioned dte80a.d: Just replace two dots to one.
  5. And finally, make procedure falls to knee without any hope:
    Quote:
    "c:\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe" -of..\bin\Release\vdc.lib -O -inline -release -lib -g -d -L/DELEXECUTABLE -L/LINENUMBERS -I.. -J.. -Jresources @C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\nm83.tmp
    Internal error: ..\ztc\el.c 904

Mentioned 'el.c' can be easy found in D sources, system falls on this strange assert:
    Quote:

switch (tybasic(t))
    {
    case TYfloat:
    case TYifloat:
    e->EV.Vfloat = val;
    break;
    case TYdouble:
    case TYidouble:
    e->EV.Vdouble = val;
    break;
    case TYldouble:
    case TYildouble:
    e->EV.Vldouble = val;
    break;
    case TYcfloat:
    case TYcdouble:
    case TYcldouble:
    assert(0);
    break;
    default:
    e->EV.Vllong = val;
    break;
    }

Cannot offer any idea here, but we again have no smooth building of VisualD.

My main PIA is the last error, which doesn't point anywhere. May be even Walter required here?
sagitario

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Issues with build from SVN(24-Aug) Reply with quote

Hi,

I just happen to have committed the files for a new release, which builds for dmd 2.054 and dmd 2.055beta (the latest dmd from github).
You could give them a try, but it seems that the problems you are running into are different.

thornik wrote:

1. It could be nice to put directly in README or whatever, which variables in Makefile(s) must be changed. Mine is:

• For Makefile: DMD2, COFFIMPLIB, WINSDK, VSISDK
    • For sdk\Makefile: D, IMPLIB, COFFIMPLIB, WINSDK

(Cannot they use the same common vars?)

Unfortunately, the README might get out of date, the build instructions on the website more probable to be uptodate. I'll try to make the necessary settings clearer.
It should not be necessary to change sdk\Makefile, the settings are passed from the main Makefile. It seems that did not work for you.

Quote:

2. NMake goes OK, but these warnings soon will be issues:
Quote:
c:\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -map bin\Release\vsi2d.exe.map -ofbin\Release\vsi2d.exe -version=vsi c2d\idl2d.d c2d\tokenizer.d c2d\tokutil.d c2d\dgutil.d c2d\dlist.d
Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.ctype has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.ascii instead.
Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.regexp has been scheduled for deprecation in August 2011. Please use std.regex instead.
Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.toupper has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.toUpper instead.
Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.tolower has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.toLower instead.
Warning: As of Phobos 2.054, std.string.stripl has been scheduled for deprecation in January 2012. Please use std.string.stripLeft instead.
Warning: As of Phobos 2.052, std.string.repeat has been scheduled for deprecation in August 2011. Please use std.array.replicate instead.

Fortunately, it's just deprecations, i.e. definitely have a solution.

The latest reversion removes most of the deprecation messages for dmd 2.054, but there are new ones with dmd 2.055.

Quote:

3. After "Converting files" stage we fail:
Quote:
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'rg\d\vs2010_addin\sdk\vsi\dte80.d'

Problem can be quickly solved by removing last 3 lined from 'VS2010_addin\sdk\vsi_sources', but what they do in public repository? Sad

That path looks strange, maybe it contains spaces and some quotes are missing?

Quote:

4. Following re-NMake doesn't go so far:
Quote:
..\sdk\vsi\dte80a.d(3): ';' expected following module declaration instead of ..

Now we have to fix mentioned dte80a.d: Just replace two dots to one.

I think not converting the dte modules is not going to work. Unfortunately, there is no idl source for these files, just binary olb files. The build uses a little tool tlb2idl to extract the idl via some IVIEWER.DLL from the windows SDK. Maybe something is failing there.

I guess the following errors will go away (or be different) if the olb to idl conversion on these files succeeds.

Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: