FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Configuration properties not showing up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eelco Hoogendoorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Configuration properties not showing up Reply with quote

Ive installed visual D through the latest windows installer, on MSVS2010 pro.

Ive created a standard console project, and did some testing. Most things seem to work just fine, but when I open my solution's properties, My configuration properties tab is empty. That is, I dont get the DMD/debugging/etc windows I see on the 'tour' section of the website.

Perhaps related; i found this out while trying to give the debugger a testride; configuration is set to debug, but a simple out of bounds array access will simply terminate my program, without any debug feedback whatsoever.

I tried creating another solution; same problem.

Are there any obvious solutions to this, or should I go the 'try reinstalling all your software while saying the right incantations' route?

I love what ive seen so far btw; im coming back to D after having worked with it many years ago, and its come a long way in terms of tools and support! I really hope to get this working.

Thanks,
Eelco
sagitario

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Configuration properties not showing up Reply with quote

Eelco Hoogendoorn wrote:
but when I open my solution's properties, My configuration properties tab is empty. That is, I dont get the DMD/debugging/etc windows I see on the 'tour' section of the website.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but you should select the project (not the solution) before opening the properties dialog.

Quote:
Perhaps related; i found this out while trying to give the debugger a testride; configuration is set to debug, but a simple out of bounds array access will simply terminate my program, without any debug feedback whatsoever.

The problem is that any exception is caught by the D runtime, so it won't show up in the debugger. You can avoid this by adding a Win32 Exception with code 0xE0440001 in the Debug->Exceptions dialog and enable "Break when thrown".

If you enable the Mago Debugger on the project's debugging configuration page, you can enable/disable breaking when specific exceptions are thrown by selecting them in the "D Exceptions" list in the same dialog.

Rainer
Eelco Hoogendoorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Configuration properties not showing up Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:
Eelco Hoogendoorn wrote:
but when I open my solution's properties, My configuration properties tab is empty. That is, I dont get the DMD/debugging/etc windows I see on the 'tour' section of the website.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but you should select the project (not the solution) before opening the properties dialog.

Oops; excuse my noobness.

Quote:
Quote:

The problem is that any exception is caught by the D runtime, so it won't show up in the debugger. You can avoid this by adding a Win32 Exception with code 0xE0440001 in the Debug->Exceptions dialog and enable "Break when thrown".

If you enable the Mago Debugger on the project's debugging configuration page, you can enable/disable breaking when specific exceptions are thrown by selecting them in the "D Exceptions" list in the same dialog.

Rainer

Thanks, standard debugging works perfectly fine with those modifications.

Majo however doesnt break on my core.exception.rangeerror. It does report the linenumber, which is a great start, but no breaking, even though it is enabled as supposedly breaking on the throw of that exception.
sagitario

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Majo however doesnt break on my core.exception.rangeerror. It does report the linenumber, which is a great start, but no breaking, even though it is enabled as supposedly breaking on the throw of that exception.

It seems there is something wrong with the configuration. For me it works if you uncheck breaking for the general "D Exceptions" and then check the specific exception "core.exception.RangeError".
Eelco Hoogendoorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:
Quote:

It seems there is something wrong with the configuration. For me it works if you uncheck breaking for the general "D Exceptions" and then check the specific exception "core.exception.RangeError".

Rangeerror was checked by default. By 'general "D Exceptions"', do you mean the one added under win32? I already tried that and it didnt work.

Is it at all possible to automate such things from within the plugin? None of these things are obvious to me in the slightest; at least I think they deserve a more prominent mention during download or install, or did I click over it?
sagitario

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rangeerror was checked by default. By 'general "D Exceptions"', do you mean the one added under win32? I already tried that and it didnt work.

No, it should look something like this: http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/wiki/d_exceptions.png

Quote:
Is it at all possible to automate such things from within the plugin? None of these things are obvious to me in the slightest; at least I think they deserve a more prominent mention during download or install, or did I click over it?

Good idea, I'll add some hints to the debugger page. Also, it should be possible to add the Win32-exception by the installer.
Eelco Hoogendoorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:
Quote:

No, it should look something like this: http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/wiki/d_exceptions.png

I dont want it to break just on rangeexceptions; I want it to break on all exceptions throw by D; the rangeexception is just an example.

Quote:
Quote:

Good idea, I'll add some hints to the debugger page. Also, it should be possible to add the Win32-exception by the installer.

Great, thanks again for the awesome tool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: