FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcing Alpha teqXML processor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Announcing Alpha teqXML processor Reply with quote

I've just commited a very alpha XML processor to the repository. (I'm calling it teqXML) It uses the DOM. An example of it's usage can be found in mango/test/xml.d

There are a number of things that are unsupported, currently, that I plan on eventually building in:
-Processing Instructions
-Internal DTDs (not validating, just not bugging out when it sees one)
-Parsed Entities
-XML output
Yeah... I know... that last one is a big one, but, alas, the spring semester is upon me, and I wanted to get out to y'all what I had done before I get too bogged down to even commit it. I plan on chipping away on this until all the above are working, seems stable, and is ready to be put into a Mango release.

BTW... there's also a list of features that I DON'T plan on implementing (so technically, it won't be XML 1.0 compliant, only really close)
-Validation (not required for XML 1.0 compliance)
-External entities

Once I get the XML output down, I'm also planning on releasing an XML-RPC module. It already exists, just needs to be ported to this API.

Again, sorry about my newfound time restraints, but I'll keep chipping away. Also, please let me know if you end up using this stuff, and what you think. I'm probably more apt to make time for this stuff if I know more people than just I are using it. If you don't use it (or don't like it) also please let me know why. Any improvements, and suggestions are appriciated.

John
kris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, John!

I like your tiny XML parser Smile
teqdruid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... I've just committed some big changes.
XML Output
Processing Instruction support
Inline DTD handling.

Next I'll be working on better documentation, and examples, plus some nicities to the DOM, since it's a little clunky right now. With any luck (time, that is) an XML-RPC implementation will be included very soon!

For the brave souls out there, any testing would be appreciated. There are some basic examples in mango/test/xml.d, and one can use the DOM specs (level 1) to suppliment the very little documentation currently in the code.

Please send me feedback!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: