FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crash (And I Second the Awesomeness)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Crash (And I Second the Awesomeness) Reply with quote

Great project, Rainer! Been waiting for something this slick for a while. This is the first D IDE effort to pull me away from Crimson Editor. I'll still be using it to maintain Derelict, but Visual D will be my first choice for any other projects I do in D.

I noticed a crash problem that appears to be related to modifying the right tab pane (where the Solution Explore, Properties, and other pages are). If I remove any of the pages, dock the pane to another part of the window, or float it, then the shell crashes when I exit. I would assume this is a problem with the shell and not Visual D, but one never knows.
ponce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You use Crimson Editor Aldacron ?
I'm stuck with this editor too since years Smile
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponce wrote:
You use Crimson Editor Aldacron ?

Yeah, it has become my editor of choice for most things, even C. I'm kind of attached to it by now, but Visual D is just way too cool to ignore.
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for the kind feedback.

Quote:
I noticed a crash problem that appears to be related to modifying the right tab pane (where the Solution Explore, Properties, and other pages are). If I remove any of the pages, dock the pane to another part of the window, or float it, then the shell crashes when I exit. I would assume this is a problem with the shell and not Visual D, but one never knows.

I could not reproduce this with Visual Studio 2008 (haven't tried the shell, because it does not install on top of the standard IDE). You can try to modify the panes without a D project or source file loaded since program start. The package is not even loaded, so if it crashes, it's definitely the shell.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:

I could not reproduce this with Visual Studio 2008 (haven't tried the shell, because it does not install on top of the standard IDE). You can try to modify the panes without a D project or source file loaded since program start. The package is not even loaded, so if it crashes, it's definitely the shell.

The shell it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: