FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0.0.1 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hohums

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Somebody mentioned that dig-dug is well separated into a front and back end anyway, no?

Yeah, Dig-dug has a load of hooks that are called when something happens (ie an exception, end of program, output). Your GUI then proccess/displays the information pass in as a parameter. Dig-dug can also be ran on a separte thread so it doesn't interfer with the interactivity of the the GUI.

So basicly you can remove ddgui.d and rewrite/modify dig-dug.d (which is basicly the main entry point for the program).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Linenumbers and filename? Reply with quote

I've loaded my executable (with a brk()) in Dig-Dug, started it and
the exception/break happens. But it seems that it don't get the linenumber and filenames.

I've compiled the objectfiles with the -g switch and linked with the /co switch. Anything else that's needed?
qbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Linenumbers and filename? Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
the exception/break happens. But it seems that it don't get the linenumber and filenames.

Yea, EXECPTION_BREAKPOINT doesnt seem to report line number , what we'll do is throw another exception in there ( that does have a line number ) and just skip over it.

BTW you get file and line numbers for all other ( fatal ) exceptions right ?

Probably next release well do it, I sure hope DWT gets finished soon, DIG seems to have some fatal flaws Sad. In fact Im not sure we can really proceed without a working GUI toolkit.

Joel what do you think ?

Q
qbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Linenumbers and filename? Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:

Yea, EXECPTION_BREAKPOINT doesnt seem to report line number , what we'll do is throw another exception in there ( that does have a line number ) and just skip over it.

Probably next release well do it, I sure hope DWT gets finished soon, DIG seems to have some fatal flaws Sad. In fact Im not sure we can really proceed without a working GUI toolkit.

Joel what do you think ?

Q
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, don't think I've had any of those. But my app stops with a CREATE_DEBUG_THREAD_EVENT (or something like that) whenever it get unstable. Possibly some memory corruption on my side since it stops in different places all the time. Dig-dug also crash from time to time, but I haven't investigated it further yet.
Hohums

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Linenumbers and filename? Reply with quote

qbert wrote:

Q

Yeah Dig has very annoying glitches. The program will crash if you press stop.

Hopefully DWT will be done soon but I don't know how much time I will have to spend on that. Anyone want to volenteer when DWT is done?

I think I would like to get the variables to show properly (the ones we pass in), just to show what we really ment by #var to any future GUI builders.

With the exception throwing, we're going to have to back-trace to get the function before our-one if that's possible. Otherwise it will always return our dummy function's line-number (unless we can inline some-how).

I'm not sure if it's true that break-points don't have line-numbers (parhaps we should ask Walter).

Note that dig-dug is in very easly stage of development and we would like as much help as we can get on it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hohums

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
Quote:

Well, don't think I've had any of those. But my app stops with a CREATE_DEBUG_THREAD_EVENT (or something like that) whenever it get unstable.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but sometimes the output box disappears for no apparent reason leaving behind what I like to term a ghost (a picture of the last thing that was painted to the screen). It may be an error on my part somewhere, so if you figure it out let me know.

You can get one type of fatal error by causing the divide by zero error: ie

int y = 1, z = 0;
int x = y / z; //Fatal error.

The codeviewer should take you right to the code+line if it knows where the code is.
qbert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsivi wrote:
Quote:

Well, don't think I've had any of those. But my app stops with a CREATE_DEBUG_THREAD_EVENT (or something like that) whenever it get unstable. Possibly some memory corruption on my side since it stops in different places all the time. Dig-dug also crash from time to time, but I haven't investigated it further yet.

The CREATE_DEBUG_THREAD_EVENT gets thrown when the executable being debugged starts a new thread, im thinking you have to a start an entire new debugging for that thread specifically, so well need to add that in. Does this get thrown when a new thread starts ?

Q
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dig-Dug All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: