FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictSDLImage not loading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhasenan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: DerelictSDLImage not loading Reply with quote

Hi,

When I call DerelictSDLImage.load(), I get an exception saying that libSDL_image.so could not be found.

In point of fact, I get this exception message:
Code:

derelict.util.exception.SharedLibLoadException: Failed to load one or more shared libraries.
   libSDL_image.so: ��������mage.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoP
   libSDL_image-1.2.so: ����p@}   mage-1.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   libSDL_image-1.2.so.0:@}   ����mage-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In /usr/lib, I have libSDL_image.so symlinking to libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5.

Any idea what's going on?
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one else has answered, I'll take a stab at it. First of all, what's with the funky characters in the message? I don't know if it looks good in your browser or not, but on my screen I'm getting several question mark symbols with dark backgrounds, among other symbols, in the second instance of each library name. Changing the encoding of the page doesn't fix it. Is that what you're actually seeing on your system? That could indicate some sort of corruption of the name strings before they are sent to dlopen. Have you changed the encoding of the Derelict source files at all?

Other than that, the only things I can think of offhand are to make sure that /usr/lib is on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that your symlink isn't broken. Also, make sure you are using an updated version of the Derelict trunk.
dhasenan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those funky characters are what I'm seeing. I'm not sure how they could be corrupted, though; if I print them out right before calling DerelictSDLImage.load(), they look fine. So I'll try adding debug output just before the dlopen call.

No, I didn't change the encoding. It was just svn co; dsss build; dsss install. I'll try later with a fresh working copy just in case.
dhasenan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was LD_LIBRARY_PATH, thanks. And then I got an error because I was trying to dynamically link a 64-bit .so to a 32-bit binary...guess I'll try LDC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: