FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something Wierd is Happening...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
debio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Something Wierd is Happening... Reply with quote

Since the last update, when I try to open a file or save a file, there will sometimes be a several minute lag during which either the editor frame or all of eclipse becomes unresponsive. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll try disabling semantic analysis to see if that's the cause.
Is anyone else encountering this? I'm seeing it on three different computers (but they're all running Arch Linux).
debio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could swear I had three computers doing this yesterday... Now it's just my home desktop, on which I recently reinstalled eclipse and deleted my ~/.eclipse folder. I'll try again. It's still doing strange things when I try to install software (it takes forever and a half to check dependencies and download certain packages - I just thought download.eclipse.org must be under heavy load).
debio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now my home computer works... I dunno. I KNOW it was doing this yesterday, and I tried restarting eclipse multiple times, but my box got rebooted, and now it's fine?
Rebooting isn't supposed to fix things in Linux!
Whatever.
csauls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't supposed to, but on rare occasions, it actually does. Then again, it can sometimes break things too... (yesterday I rebooted and suddenly had a KDE/4.2 bug I'd heard of, but never experienced before, where it spawns blank Ark windows at startup)
debio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke too soon.
I was in the D perspective, and I right clicked a Tango class I was instantiating and hit "Go To Definition".
The editor frame is now frozen, with a new tab that just appeared labeled "D Editor". It'll become reponsive again in about a minute.

No one else has this issue?

EDIT:
The perspective doesn't seem to matter. It's been doing this consistently when I hit "Go To Definition".
I'll try opening a file, then restart Eclipse.
Yep, the same thing happens when I try to open a file. Let's see if rebooting Eclipse fixes it (now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I did yesterday)...
Nope, rebooting didn't help at all. My project is checked out from SVN with Subversive, so let me try committing...
Committing did it? I guess the new version of Descent doesn't get along with Subversive because I can use other languages with it and have no problems. Plus this project hasn't had problems until the new Descent version.

On a side note, the parsing in this version is MUCH improved. I've only found a few cases where it didn't catch an error that the compiler whined about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: