FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more problems with source completion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbrotz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: more problems with source completion Reply with quote

Hi

Maybe i'm doing something completly wrong, but i have big problems with source completion.

I use the latest descent nightlybuilds, the current release of dmd 1.x and the current release of tango. Dsss for building.

Descent is installed and tango is recognized. (The entry "Standard Library [DMD]" in the Project Explorer)

For the source of this project, no autocompletion works at all:
http://www.silc.ch/downloads/silc.tar.gz

Can anyone try it, so we can see if it is only a problem of my descent installation or if it is a general problem with this source?

Thanks very much
M. Brotz
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the latest nightly build, there isn't such thing as a standard library. So maybe that's the problem. Maybe you can try to run Descent in another workspace (File -> Swich Workspace) and start from there. Or probably autocompletion doesn't work because Descent can't find the standard library. You can try to enable semantic errors (Windows -> Preferences -> D -> Compiler) and see if you get errors like "object.d not found" or something like that. If you are getting this error, try to add the standard library in the include path of your project.

Hope that helps!
mbrotz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

I did include the tango lib into the include path of my project. Thats not the problem.

I have autocompletion for the classes and functions of the tango library, but not for my own sourcecode.

Maybe, the use of templates is the problem. Would autocomplete work for templates? Also it looks like autocomplete is not working for auto variables. (example: auto x = new Test())

Can you try the autocompletion with my sourcecode?

Thanks and greetz
M. Brotz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: