FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restructuring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Restructuring Reply with quote

Just to give a heads up to the handful of you using Derelict: I'm going to be restructuring the trunk a litte bit.

The lion's share of the change will be in DerelictSDL. I'm going to move both SDL_mixer and SDL_image out into their own directories (DerelictSDLMixer and DerelictSDLImage respectively). The package structure will remain the same, however, so you will still import them as derelict.sdl.mixer/image. This will be done to mirror how GL and GLU are set up, and also to cut down on the complexity of the DerelictSDL makefile when I later add SDL_net (which I will after 0.2 is released).

The other big change will affect dependencies. I will be removing them from the trunk altogether. What I will do is package up all dependencies in a zip file and make it available under the downloads section as win32_dep.zip. This way there's no need to get all of those windows DLLs when you checkout the trunk on Linux. I'll include a dependencies.txt in the root Derelict directory which lists the versions each library depends on (SDL-1.2.7+, Python-2.3.4+, etc...).

I'll get around to this once I finish up the Python stuff (almost there!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: