FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Install arclib-sprite + a Related Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zane.sims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Can't Install arclib-sprite + a Related Question Reply with quote

Hey all,

I posted this under the Derelict forum:

http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4314

but the more I think about it, the problem could involve arclib. Please check out my post and let me know if you can help.

Also, I am a bit confused about arclib-sprite vs the sprite in arclib-scenegraph. I keep asking myself questions like:

Is one meant to replace the other?
What are the benefits of one over the other?
Are both going to be given equal attention in the future?
etc...

Any insight that you could provide on that topic would also be very much appreciated. From what I can tell so far, your library looks very nice, thanks for your hard work!

Thanks,
Zane
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zane,

You can think of ArcLib as a collection of game programming code that may be useful to you. If you want to use a scenegraph to set the scene up for your game, then using the scenegraph and its sprite class may be beneficial.
If you would rather just plot the x and y coordinates for yourself, the ArcLib sprite package may be better suited.

As for the scenegraph, when I get the time I may try to update or rewrite it. You can use it if you find it useful, if not then just stick with the Sprite package.

~ Clay
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: