FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plan for Arc v.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadimp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Plan for Arc v.3 Reply with quote

What is the plan for v.3?

I'm asking because on the wiki page it states that it was under development, and never officially released. I've visited the milestone page for v0.3, and see what the goals are, but I'm not seeing how the currently labeled 'Arc v.3' is continuing from v.2. I just can't connect the dots at the moment.

What does it mean that a "maintainable phase began before a .3 release"? To me it means that the engine works, but doesn't have all of the features listed in the milestone. However, why does this prevent some sort of alpha from being released, or at least the current development progress being marked as alpha?

What is the defining difference between Arc v.2 Tango and Arc v.3? Did a large amount of refactoring already take place?
Could changes for each (for example, updating Tango for AppendFile and Kiss - v.2 tango r1457 and v.3 r1455) be merged?
Which version of Tango does each version depend on?
EDIT: Saw this on the wiki:
> "Designed to work with D 1.0 Series and Phobos or Tango Version 0.99.5"

Sorry to pose so many questions (some obvious and others obscured), but I just want to gain more perspective - plus I'm a little new to actual community development.
There doesn't seem to be a large amount of activity in the forums or wiki, and looking at the past few posts it seems like there is a little confusion as to how development is going.

[Writing this did help me figure out a few things, though.]

EDIT: I didn't really notice the first sticky post before (kind of important) on the forum talking about ArcLib development, but I have finished reading into that. It answers many questions, but I think the ones here are still open to be answered.

Beginning D; Basic experience in PHP, C++, Java, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, VB
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Sorry, I know that things may seem a little confusing from an outside point of view.

Have you seen this: http://arclib.blogspot.com/2008/05/arclib-to-begin-maintenance-phase.html ?

Arc really doesn't have a reason for a version number for the whole project, but rather version numbers for each sub library, for example

- arc core (v.3)
- arc gui (v.5)
- arc blaze ( whichever blaze version modified from)

etc.

Maintenance phase kind of means I may not have time to actively develop much, but I have re-designed the trunk to be friendly for "extensions" that anyone can write if they want, and I have time sometimes to do some basic maintenance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: