FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NightlyBuild 0.5.3.20080704 discussion thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: NightlyBuild 0.5.3.20080704 discussion thread Reply with quote

So, let's start a discussion about the current nightly build.
I think it will be good for our overview when every question, suggestion and error-report will be posted here in one thread. So after heading forward to a new nightly build this thread can rest in peace.

My first misbehavior report for the nightly build no. 0.5.3.20080704 relates to that fact, that after importing my d-sources to a completely new project all class definitions are marked with the following error-message:

Quote:
"Missing or corrupt object.d"

compilation works fine, it's just the red-dot at the left side of the source plus the red-cross at the package / module in the project-explorer!

EDIT: I've figured out that it must have something to do with the project-building process. Automatic rebuild doesn't work obviously, manual rebuild seams to have not effect, refreshing the project doesn't solve the project. Only after activating "deprecated features" at the project-properties -> D-compiler and the following rebuild the warnings vanished.

Last edited by 3-S-E on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: No error mark Reply with quote

Here is another "error-mark" problem:

Even though an error exists no error-mark is set in the project-explorer / left side of the source.

Edit: okay, maybe I'm just too hasty! Embarassed
The error becomes marked while compiling the project, and it becomes cleared after removing the mistake and compiling again.
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that bothers me since the first version of descent that I've tried is the standard setting of the D-Formatter for a constructor.

After typing "this(){" and hitting enter the closing branch becomes set at the very left side of the source-document:

Can you, asterite, please fix this for the next release of descent?!
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: NightlyBuild 0.5.3.20080704 discussion thread Reply with quote

Quote:
"Missing or corrupt object.d"

That means Descent can't find "object.d" in your include path, thus nothing will work, because every class extends from Object. I'll make that message be "Missing or corrupt object.d. Make sure you have an "object.d" or "object.di" module in your include path. The easiest way to solve this is to add "Phobos" or "Tango" to the include path."

What do you think?
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just needed to mention it Smile

I never you attributes like that "public:", that's why I didn't notice it doesn't work well. It's fixed in trunk, but not yet in the latest nightly build.
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... maybe you're right and it was just the missing phobos-includepath-entry. But I had the feeling that the rebuild process won't start correctly... But I may be wrong... It's to late now to check if my feeling is right or not! Razz

Because of the formatting-problem: Thanks for solving it!
I am used to to use visibility-attributes because of my computer science study here in Germany. On our university we're programming a lot of C / C++ / Java Stuff with all the design pattern rules... also this attributes. Smile
Now that it's fixed in trunk I have the best feelings for the next nightly build.

But for now I am glad to head off on vacation tomorrow and to turn of my notebook for two weeks! Smile
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use visibility attributes Razz

It's just that I don't use the "attribute:" form, I use:

private this() {
}

protected void foo() {
}

etc.

You do know that "public" is the default visibility, so that you don't have to specify it, right?

Happy vacations! Smile
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few hours left to go, so a quick reply:

I know that, but it's a style-question AND I usually have my private (protected) members on top of my class definition, so when I use a "global" attribute-style like "private:" I have to write "public:" below, right!? Smile

Btw: The new nightly build is really fast and a leap forward! Congratulations!
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that, thanks! Smile

I was going to start implementing new functionalities, but they would be useless if everything was working slowly. So I decided to stop and think about how to make it really fast, then time will come to add features.

As long as the big problem is speed it's ok, because there's always a way to optimize things Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: