FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't export Descent in Eclispe 3.4 Final

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamkxd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Can't export Descent in Eclispe 3.4 Final Reply with quote

Eclipse report error when i export Descent features!

Code:

3380. ERROR in D:\svn\descent\descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java (at line 293)
   final boolean detect= fDetectGroup.mustDetect();
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
The method mustDetect() is undefined for the type JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.DetectGroup
----------
3388. ERROR in D:\svn\descent\descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java (at line 443)
   final boolean detect= fDetectGroup.mustDetect();
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
The method mustDetect() is undefined for the type JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.DetectGroup
----------
3392. ERROR in D:\svn\descent\descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java (at line 506)
   private final class DetectGroup extends Observable implements Observer, SelectionListener {
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
The type JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.DetectGroup must implement the inherited abstract method Observer.update(Observable, Object)
----------
3393. ERROR in D:\svn\descent\descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java (at line 531)
   selectedJVM= JavaRuntime.getDefaultVMInstall();
                                                 ^
Syntax error, insert "}" to complete Statement
----------
3397. ERROR in D:\svn\descent\descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java (at line 796)
   return fDetectGroup.mustDetect();
                       ^^^^^^^^^^
----------

asterite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you exporting it to Eclipse 3.4?

The other day I showed Descent to a coworker. I had Eclipse 3.4 installed. I downloaded the nightly build. copied the features and plugins folders and it worked perfectly.
dreamkxd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you help!] But the fact is that when I using the trunk version of Descent' source code to build the whole Descent! The error that I post on the upper page happened! Maybe the configuration of my eclispe is incorrect!
dreamkxd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you help!] But the fact is that when I using the trunk version of Descent' source code to build the whole Descent! The error that I post on the upper page happened! Maybe the configuration of my eclispe is incorrect! I'll try it again
3-S-E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after descent still have misbehaviors with autocompletion I've decided to delete all my eclipse installations and use the new eclipse 3.4 "genymede".
Installing descent from svn successfuly completed.
But then I've tried to build the trunk Version of descent and have got several error-messages looking like this:

Same problem like the one of dreamkxd?

Also rebuild through site.xml is not possible:

dreamkxd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I found why we can't export Descent!

Code:
Index: JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java
===================================================================
--- JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java   (revision 1202)
+++ JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java   (working copy)
@@ -543,7 +543,7 @@
          } else {
             fHintText.setVisible(false);
          }
-         ?/
+         */
       }

public void update(Observable o, Object arg) {

This is the diff file that I append! Because of the comment symbol in file
descent.ui descent.ui\src\descent\internal\ui\wizards\JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java is not corrent! So please corret it!
Thanks
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the timeline, there's no such diff. And take a look at here:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/browser/trunk/descent.ui/src/descent/internal/ui/wizards

The last revision of that file is 559, about a year ago, and now we are over 1200. So it's probably a change you made yourself. Razz

Try to see if that change is yours, or doing a revert.
dreamkxd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, do you notice the symbol "?" in the diff file. "?" means that the text editor can't show the charater in the screen or mean this character is not enocding! It's not a correct character. And I can't subimt the diff file here.
So please
go to the line 546 of the file the I mentioned. Then you do some change to it. I think you will found the error ! Or you can view this linkhttp://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/browser/trunk/descent.ui/src/descent/internal/ui/wizards/JavaProjectWizardFirstPage.java.
Also on the line 546, you wil found why!Thanks. I think this problem just happened in Eclipse 3.4, because when I using Eclipse 3.3, this problem is not happen. It's also explain why this file is one years ago. Because at that time, Eclipse 3.4 is not being released. Thanks
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Smile

Strange enough, a "?" symbol also appeared in Eclipse in that source file. I already commited that into SVN. I don't know why it happened...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: