FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

samples?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: samples? Reply with quote

where can we find samples of how to use dfc?
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Samples Reply with quote

Try "Browser" or "Bitmapview" at l8night's website.
Carlos

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will. Thanks.
l8night

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that I've got a bit of a manic week this week, but I do have a few sample apps lurking on the odd HDD that I will try to get online ove the weekend (so check the dcode web page in a week and there should be some stuff there).
RixSoft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:

Hi there, I don't know how to compile the "Bitmaview" project, please send me ad Hint.

Thx
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples Reply with quote

RixSoft wrote:
jcc7 wrote:

Hi there, I don't know how to compile the "Bitmaview" project, please send me ad Hint.

Thx
It's been a long since I compiled the l8night libraries. What problem in particular are you running into? I know the .zips don't have a traditional makefile or a DOS batch file, but I don't know what I did with my last batch file (so I can't just post it).

Have you at least created the .libs? I'd be happy to help, but I don't know where you want to start.
RixSoft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
RixSoft wrote:
jcc7 wrote:

Thx
It's been a long since I compiled the l8night libraries. What problem in particular are you running into? I know the .zips don't have a traditional makefile or a DOS batch file, but I don't know what I did with my last batch file (so I can't just post it).

Have you at least created the .libs? I'd be happy to help, but I don't know where you want to start.

Ok. I got the BitmapView unZipped, and I need all secuence to gen the .libs ( or where to download the .libs and the path to install ) and the command line to compile the project to generate the .exe. Also Where I can get more samples on Windows Env. ( I got a little C++ Windows project that I would like to convert to D ).

Thx
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples Reply with quote

RixSoft wrote:
Ok. I got the BitmapView unZipped, and I need all secuence to gen the .libs ( or where to download the .libs and the path to install ) and the command line to compile the project to generate the .exe.

Okay, I've been looking at the l8night code. I suspect the code stored in SVN is in better shape than the libs. (BitmapView is only available as a .zip.) BitmapView uses a number of deprecated features that should be removed. I've updated most of it, but I've found one thing I can't figure out:
Code:
typedef R function (P) fp = &erf;
Error message:
Code:
..\winex\dynloader.d(246): cannot implicitly convert expression &erf of type uint(Windows *)(uint) to fp

Since I think I'm pretty close to getting everything to compile, I'm going to hold off on uploading the updated .zip until I can get the last few errors out.

RixSoft wrote:
Also Where I can get more samples on Windows Env. ( I got a little C++ Windows project that I would like to convert to D ).

Thx
You may want to look at the D Tutorial page at Wiki4D.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: BitmapViewer update uploaded Reply with quote

I've posted some updated code: http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/l8night.html

I haven't gotten the winmm.d and dynloader.d code to compile yet, but the BitmapViewer sample does compile.

To compile BitmapViewer, you will need these .libs: gdi32.lib, comctl32.lib, comdlg32.lib. They might all be part of a default installation of DMD (gdi32.lib is), but I'm not sure. If you get linker errors, that's probably what the problem is. I can upload those .libs or instructions if you need them.
integor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you draw your own controls instead of using ones provided by the win32 api?
Isn't this supposed to be a DFC/win32 example?
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integor wrote:
Why would you draw your own controls instead of using ones provided by the win32 api?
Isn't this supposed to be a DFC/win32 example?
The example may not be a typical DFC program. It's just the one that RixSoft requested. And it does use DFC on the Win32 platform. I made some small changes to get the example to compile, but I didn't write the example.

I don't know whether DFC always draws custom controls or if it allows standard controls. Every one of these GUI libraries has its own rules and I thought that DFC was pretty flexible, but I certainly could be wrong. I've played around a little bit with nearly every GUI library for D, but I'm an expert in none of them. You might want to look at the others if you don't care for DFC.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVN commit wrote:
Added browser and bitmapview examples. (Compiles with DMD 0.100.)

Added winex package (dynloader.d and winmm.d). The part required by bitmapview works, but it doesn't compile by itself yet in DMD 0.100.
The examples are located in trunk\l8night\dfc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> L8night All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: