FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

completing glee.d (adding GLX functions for linux)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: completing glee.d (adding GLX functions for linux) Reply with quote

hi. ok, first of all I thought I'd point this out to anyone on linux who wants to use glee.d GLX functions.

#1) glee.d has no glx functions

#2) right now i don't have the will power to shift through all the GLX functions, (maybe in the future if i ever really need them). However, if there's someone that does need them, then take a look at http://www.dsource.org/svn/projects/claytek/claytek/src/derelict/opengl/glee.d
at the moment I have the glGetErrorStrGLX function added and all the GLX C stuff is commented out in a version (linux) block at the end of the file. search "glx"

#3) a) glee.d is perfectly happy importing gltypes.d instead of glConstants.d . hence there's not much need for glConstants.d. I believe they accomplish the same thing?
b) I think glee.d and glu.d should be put in the opengl/ directory, along with any future opengl stuff

Also, I have a simple question. Why is it that (at least in c++, in D too?) you must define GLee.h before all other GL files?
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: completing glee.d (adding GLX functions for linux) Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:

#3) a) glee.d is perfectly happy importing gltypes.d instead of glConstants.d . hence there's not much need for glConstants.d. I believe they accomplish the same thing?
b) I think glee.d and glu.d should be put in the opengl/ directory, along with any future opengl stuff

Initially glee.d in Derelict did both a and b. I was importing gltypes.d directly and it was in the opengl directory. But the D glee I am using is not mine, and is not part of Derelict. In order to ensure that Derelict's GLee did not deviate from Joel Anderson's original D port, the current setup was introduced at his request. Now, if Joel updates the original and I don't get around to dropping it into svn for Derelict, you can just plug it in to your existing Derelict package without any modifications (on Windows anyway).

Now, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to drop GLee from Derelict entirely. If anyone wants to use it they will be able to. It is only provided as a convenience anyway, to avoid conflicts between glConstants.d and gltypes.d. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure dropping it is the right thing.

Quote:

Also, I have a simple question. Why is it that (at least in c++, in D too?) you must define GLee.h before all other GL files?

Take a look at GLee.h and find out Smile I'm not sure off the top of my head.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay. i know glee in derelict is now dead but i'm trying to use glee anyways and i get the following errors.

Code:

libGLee.so: undefined reference to `glXGetCurrentDisplay'
libGLee.so: undefined reference to `glXQueryExtensionsString'
libGLee.so: undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddressARB'

is there an easy way to add these definitions to glee.d ?

is it better to not use glee.d and load extensions manually? how would i go about doing this?

thanks.
aldacron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to get these into GLee, you'll also have to modify the C code Joel added to the D port some time back. It might be better just to load them manually. I'd opt for loading them manually. DerelictGL needs to be loading glXGetProcAddress as part of the Linux port, and through that you can load the extensions you need. And I'm not sure, but I think glXGetCurrentDisplay and glXQueryExtensionsString are part of the core library on Linux as well, and not extensions.

The DerelictGL linux port is on my todo list for this weekend. If I can, I'll get to it sooner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: