FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

compdGtkDTests Build problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdusauso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: compdGtkDTests Build problems Reply with quote

Hi all,

First some words about me : I'm a 27 years old programmer. Currently I'm a Java developer but I've done some C/C++/Python programming activities in the past.
I'm highly interested in using D for Gtk+/GNOME development but I have to admit that the D world is somewhat confusing for the newcomer : tango vs phobos, gdc vs dmd, many different build tools, ...
I really hope it will get better and better because I really trust the power of the D programming language.

Enough talked about me.

When I try to compile gtkD on my machine (Ubuntu 7.10, dmd 1.024 installed in ~/software/dmd with the PATH adjusted to it), it works fine.
But when trying to compile the tests programs with ./compdGtkDTests, it fails with this error :

Code:

bdusauso@tu-144:~/temp/gtkD$ ./compdGtkDTests.sh
arg[0]=compd
arg[1]=demos/gtkD
arg[2]=demos/cairo/clock.d
arg[3]=-o
arg[4]=GtkDTests
arg[5]=-c
arg[6]=-I
arg[7]=src
arg[8]=-I
arg[9]=demos
arg[10]=-c
arg[11]=-L
arg[12]=..
arg[13]=-l
arg[14]=phobos
arg[15]=-L
arg[16]=.
arg[17]=-l
arg[18]=gtkd
arg[19]=-l
arg[20]=dl
file /home/bdusauso/.compd/libphobos.compd does not exist
file /home/bdusauso/.compd/libdl.compd does not exist

ExecutorSync.execute=
dmd demos/gtkD/TestStock.d demos/gtkD/TestImage.d demos/gtkD/TestTreeView.d demos/gtkD/app.d demos/gtkD/TEditableCells.d demos/gtkD/TestWindow.d demos/gtkD/TestThemes.d demos/gtkD/TestIdle.d demos/gtkD/TTextView.d demos/gtkD/TestAspectFrame.d demos/gtkD/TestText.d demos/gtkD/TestTreeView1.d demos/gtkD/TestEntries.d demos/gtkD/TestDrawingArea.d demos/gtkD/TestScales.d   -odobj  -op  -Isrc:demos:/home/bdusauso/temp/gtkD/src:~/dmd/src/phobos    -c  -I/home/bdusauso/dmd/src/phobos

ExecutorSync.execute=
dmd demos/cairo/clock.d   -odobj  -op  -Isrc:demos:/home/bdusauso/temp/gtkD/src:~/dmd/src/phobos    -c  -I/home/bdusauso/dmd/src/phobos

demos/cairo/clock.d(33): module Date cannot read file 'tango/util/time/Date.d'

Once again, I'm confused : there's always a reference to phobos but doesn't dmd use tango instead ?

And then, it seems clock.d cannot read the file Date.d from tango library. I guess it comes from the fact that it uses phobos instead of tango, right ?
How can I change this ?

PS : btw, I'm thx1138 on #gtkd
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are using tango 0.99.4 and Preview 7 of GtkD. Than you are getting this error because of the recent changes to the time package in tango. The GtkD svn should be up to date with the tango changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: