FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interface Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hohums

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Interface Update Reply with quote

- Updated the dig interface a bit.
- Added a run button.
- Added runAsThread message to the debugger.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are using the dig GUI toolkit for the dig-dug interface?
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: dig-dug using dig for GUI Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
So you are using the dig GUI toolkit for the dig-dug interface?
I think that's the case. Dig's source is available and it's licensed as Public Domain, so that seems like a good choice.

I just realized I can view the source through SVN's web interface:
http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/digdug/

Part of the code also appears to rely on a port of the Windows headers (my guess it it's Y. Tomino's version).
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code is available for perusing? Nice!

As for using dig, that's great. I've always admired how dig was put together. And you guys seem to be keeping it up to date and working with the latest dmd releases. The only drawback is that it's currently stuck to the windows platform. But since dig-dug seems to be windows-centric too, I guess that's no big deal.

Nice work,

John
Hohums

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: I'm finding dig quite ugly Reply with quote

I'm finding dig quite ugly to work with. The code is mostly very nice (easy to use) but it's missing alot of things. I just don't think a nice interface for the ddug can be created with it.

For example it doesn't have any tab controls.

(personally I've only been using dig's openGL side of things before this).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hohums

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: dig-dug using dig for GUI Reply with quote

[quote="jcc7"]
JJR wrote:

Part of the code also appears to rely on a port of the Windows headers (my guess it it's Y. Tomino's version).

Yep!
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm finding dig quite ugly Reply with quote

Hohums wrote:
I'm finding dig quite ugly to work with. The code is mostly very nice (easy to use) but it's missing alot of things. I just don't think a nice interface for the ddug can be created with it.
That's too bad.

I don't think DWT is ready yet. Wink

Have you considered Windy? I don't know if it supports tabs yet, but I'd bet it's easier to expand than dig.
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm finding dig quite ugly Reply with quote

Hohums wrote:

Well, I was referring to the actual ease of coding. As you say, it seems quite limited in features and interface elements. The demos didn't show a whole lot of exceptional interface examples. But if we could have beauty of the code along with a featureful widget set, it would be great.

Hohums wrote:
For example it doesn't have any tab controls.

Oh yes, that is an important widget. I can't really imagine being without tabs.

Hohums wrote:
(personally I've only been using dig's openGL side of things before this).

That does appear to be dig's strongest merit. But, I guess that's no help in this project Smile.

And no, DWT is not ready for primetime...yet. Smile
qbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we've gotten to about the first release. We added the Backtrace that reports Module, Class, Function, File and line number, along with register dump, and handling exception break points. To but a break in your code ( for now ) youll have to use DebugBreak() in your code, and re-compile.

Should be released in a day or so.

C
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Teaser for dig-dug's first release Reply with quote

qbert wrote:
Well we've gotten to about the first release. We added the Backtrace that reports Module, Class, Function, File and line number, along with register dump, and handling exception break points.
Sounds great!

qbert wrote:
To but a break in your code ( for now ) youll have to use DebugBreak() in your code, and re-compile.
That's good enough for me. I've been sprinkling printf's in my code.

qbert wrote:
Should be released in a day or so.
The sooner, the better. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dig-Dug All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: