FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unknown target 'runtime' for ?insert directive.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Unknown target 'runtime' for ?insert directive. Reply with quote

I was playing around with SWIG trying to generate some D wrappers for wxWidgets and I came upon a perplexing error:

I:\swigwin-1.3.21\swig\Lib\swig.swg(378): Unknown target 'runtime' for ?insert directive.

So I went to find the offending line:
Code:
       ?contract move(int x) {

Aside from the fact that the line doesn't contain a "runtime" or an "?insert", it looks like it's contained within a comment block. Am I on crack? Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? It seems like if the error message has a line number it should mean something.
andy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tested it on something so large as wxWindows yet. wxWindows itself doesn't distribute with any SWIG interface files at all.

It looks to me like the interface file has been tailored to a specific language. (something which doesn't look to be at all uncommon)

It's also entirely within the realm of possibility that I forgot something Wink
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I haven't tested it on something so large as wxWindows yet. wxWindows itself doesn't distribute with any SWIG interface files at all.
Right. I've felt like everything I've done is a stab in the dark (luckily, I haven't been trying too hard).

andy wrote:
It looks to me like the interface file has been tailored to a specific language. (something which doesn't look to be at all uncommon)
That could be the case. I thought I was using the C++ code from the main distribution at the time, but I have downloaded wxPython for inspiration (and I haven't exactly keep the files separated). I doubt the .i files from wxPython will be much use though, since they're loaded with embedded Python and documentation. Sad Nothing against documentation, but it was getting in the way when I was just trying to get it to work.

andy wrote:
It's also entirely within the realm of possibility that I forgot something Wink
I'd be the last one to hold it against you if that's what it is. Smile

Thanks for the suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> swig4d All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: