FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenAL is in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: OpenAL is in Reply with quote

I've just checked in the OpenAL bindings. A couple of things to take note of: I've included bindings to the alu* functions, but not the alut* functions; I've also left out a few other functions that were marked as unused to 'to be reomoved' in the C headers. This shouldn't cause any problems. All of the core stuff is there. As usual, it all compiles but has not yet been tested.

This is the last new package I will add before Derelict 0.2. If anyone else submits anything, I'll hold on to it but won't commit anything to SVN until 0.2 is packaged and ready for download. So for now I'll be focusing on getting the Python binding completed (a lot of work that). Once that's done I'll throw together some demos/tests/examples for each package and get Derelict 0.2 out the door.

I will also try to incoporate clayasaurus' linux fixes for DerelictGL. If anyone else has linux ports of the other packages I would love to get those in as well. And I am still debating if I should merge DerelictGLU with DerelictGL - one minute I'm leaning toward yes and the next I'm leaning toward no. It's not a priority right now, but we'll see.

A minor note: if you happen to be using glGetString for anything, I have changed the return type in the function signature. The C header has the return type as GLubyte*, with GLubyte being typedefed as a char. This means it is really returning a char*. In the D version, I have GLubyte typed as ubyte. In this case, we really want a character array and not a byte array, so the D version now is declared to return char* instead. This gets rid of the need to go through the ubyte*->char* conversion on the D side (which is totally unneeded anyway).
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw enough stuff in and Derelict may just turn into the D standard library. Phobos Rising? Forget it!

Wink
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

cool. I don't see anything wrong with doing

Code:

import derelict.opengl.gl;
import derelict.opengl.glu;

As long as derelictGL.lib and derelictGLU.lib stay seperate.
But either way, it doesn't really matter to me.

I will be testing derelict openal soon! yay thanks that was the last piece of the puzzle to make my little game engine fully functional.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cool Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
cool. I don't see anything wrong with doing

Code:

import derelict.opengl.gl;
import derelict.opengl.glu;

As long as derelictGL.lib and derelictGLU.lib stay seperate.
But either way, it doesn't really matter to me.

If I do merge the packages you would have the option of building a single derelictGL with/without GLU, or two separate libs if you prefer. I like the single lib option myself, as it's one less lib to add to the command line. I rarely use GLU anyway, so it doesn't matter to me either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: