FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advancing forward (and find all suggestions :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Advancing forward (and find all suggestions :) Reply with quote

In line with making Poseidon the best IDE,here are couple of suggestions:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1010/mockupxh3.png

Letting Poseidon handle all updates isn't a necessity, but I personally don't care about the extra MBs it would take to keep all previous versions of compiler/libraries/etc on HD.
Think about the older projects.. compiling without hassle Razz

I would also love an update function for Poseidon self.

ps. I noticed a bug again, but can't exactly remember the conditions. So I still owe you that one Laughing
MM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: found the bug Reply with quote

Select something and move it somewhere using the mouse.

Now try and click on any button.. you can't as the pointer is still in select mode Evil or Very Mad
MM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: additional request Reply with quote

How about using rebuild or even dsss iso bud.

Bud or equivalent is necessary if you want to build Derelict from source.

btw. I'd love helping out with the development of poseidon, although I think I'm not really qualified Rolling Eyes
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestions are good, at first, I need to learn how to program dnd code...... Embarassed

After many time OPTLINK error, finally I should understand how DMD1.021 -defaultlib option works and turn Tango or Phobos by setting poseidon's project property, but it only can be used on DMD1.021, for multi-DMD compilers and different defaultlib( standard lib ), maybe we need create many path to DMD compilers or just save the compiler path to project, I don't know it's a good idea or not...... Rolling Eyes

Now I'm working on modify autocompletion's code and default parser loader and maker, it almost done( maybe more bugs...... ), on my computer, load Tango default parser costs about 2700ms, Phobos parser costs 1300ms, they are need more test, then I'll think the way how to set different compilers and standard libs, then dnd support.

Next week is chinese festival, I'll go to my parents home( without computer ) tomorrow, I can't reply until next Tuesday, sorry......
MM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Have fun at the fests Reply with quote

First of, If you know anything I could do to help, just ask Wink

As you can see in the mock-up, I suggest using different directories as well Laughing
(see the 'compile file' pop-up)

Drag and drop is essential for any good IDE, so I think that is more important than the more complex problem of implementing compiler management.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: