FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[BUGFIX] ObjectG.d
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianhsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: [BUGFIX] ObjectG.d Reply with quote

Hello, I found a typo in the svn version that will let compile fail.

In SVN trunk/gtkD/src/gobject/ObjectG.d

Line 180,192:

version(Tango) gc.addRoot(data);

I think it should be

version(Tango) GC.addRoot(data);
stealth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please fix this also in line 192!
ShprotX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Where can I found a working (or stable) copy of the gtkD source codes?" would be a better question. I'm using "git clone git://repo.or.cz/gtkD.git'.
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is the stable version not in svn?

Windows doesn't have an easily installable git.

Shouldn't this be on dsource?

-JJR
ShprotX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=17636#17636

PS: I'm suggesting using mercurial, but kaarna likes git. I don't like git because the only man being able to use it easily is L. Torvalds.
JJR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very unfortunate because this makes the "stable" gtkD only accessible for Linux (and any other system that supports git well). I don't deny that git probably is a very good system, but it's no good for those that want to develop on windows (I failed on several attempts to get msys git installed; I finally gave up).

It seems that Mercurial is supported or will be supported soon on dsource, so that may be a good choice eventually... I have yet to test the windows client, even though I have it installed.

Kaarna, is there anything stopping you from committing your updates to svn for now? I don't know what activity is going on from the original developer, Ant, but all that really needs to be done is for you to submit yours under the "branches" directory. If you want to make it Tango only, that's fine too and perfectly appropriate, especially if you commit it under the branches directory with the heading gtkd.tango (or something like that). At least it will be accessible to all if it's there. Further branches may also be made if people are interested in making it work with phobos too. If you feel that you can make it work with both, even better. Smile

Eventually, we might talk to Brad A. about getting it setup with Mercurial as well.

How does that sound?

-JJR
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
This is very unfortunate because this makes the "stable" gtkD only accessible for Linux (and any other system that supports git well). I don't deny that git probably is a very good system, but it's no good for those that want to develop on windows (I failed on several attempts to get msys git installed; I finally gave up).
I don't want to get in the middle of this argument (SVN vs. git vs. Mercurial vs. whatever else), but I do think that git on Windows has become a lot easier in the last month since the msysgit project has begun releasing "preview" installers.

When I installed a Git-*-preview*.exe installer a few weeks ago, it was easy to install. I'm still figuring out what I'm doing, but it seems to be stable enough to be useful.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily better than SVN or Mercurial, but it's a lot better for my purposes than when I couldn't get it installed on Windows at all. I don't think an equivalent of TortoiseSVN is available yet, but the Git GUI seems to work well enough on Windows.
JJR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jcc,

I must have downloaded the wrong installer. I'll give this one a go and see how I fair. Smile

-JJR
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The git repo is a temporary solution. I didn't know it was difficult (or impossible) to use on windows.

Ever since I've used gtkD, I've had my own interest in gstreamerD. For some reason wrapping GStreamer has always demanded much more hand editing than the rest of gtkD. (And that's because of some weird bugs in gtkwrap.) Because of the hand editing I sometimes didn't commit my changes to the dsource repo, and that usually ended up in me having to merge the changes from dsource back to my own. I think subversion branching and merging is difficult. Then I tried to use git to fix the problem. It has a tool called git-svn, which should've allowed me to commit my changes to the dsource repo, but it didn't work. I made my own branch with working gstreamerD and Tango fixes. Then I forgot about it for a while. And now I've been too busy to take up the job of verifying that the gtkwrap works, Phobos works and gtkDgl work. And then I should merge the five new commits to the dsource repo. I'm going to install a Phobos version on my other computer. In a few weeks... or so... Hope. (Feel free to do it for me!)

I've learned two version control systems this year, and I'm not going to learn a third one. So, no mercurial or any other system for me, thank you! (I can see why people want to stay away from even subversion and git... Each of them has a learning curve of months or atleast weeks). I'm most pleased with the tutorials and easy usage of git. Still I believe that we should stick to the subversion repo in dsource. That should be the official repository with a working version of gtkD.
okibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I have a new preview release available!

GtkD Preview 6 is based on the latest revision (317), contains improved compd scripts, comes with the dsss.conf installation file, and is compatible with both Phobos and Tango.

If my work didn't restrict use of SVN, I would commit the changes to the repository...

Let's see if someone gets that hint... Smile
stealth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dsss.conf file doesn't work correctly.

When installing, the files will be copied to e.g "include/d/src/gtk" instead of "include/d/gtk"

So the compiler will not find the files.

This happens because in the source package, the source is in dir "src" but the dsss.conf file is not.
okibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you'll have to move it then. Smile

Seriously though, I didn't add the dsss.conf file, nor do I use it. I just assumed it was fine because others were using it. I build with compd (hence all the compd scripts in my preview releases).
ShprotX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaarna wrote:

I've learned two version control systems this year, and I'm not going to learn a third one. So, no mercurial or any other system for me, thank you! (I can see why people want to stay away from even subversion and git... Each of them has a learning curve of months or atleast weeks). I'm most pleased with the tutorials and easy usage of git.

Mercurial is very similar to git.
stealth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
I guess you'll have to move it then. Smile

Seriously though, I didn't add the dsss.conf file, nor do I use it. I just assumed it was fine because others were using it. I build with compd (hence all the compd scripts in my preview releases).

I created this dsss.conf file in ./src which works:
Code:
name = gtkd

[atk]
[cairoLib]
[gdk]
[gdkpixbuf]
[glade]
[glib]
[gobject]
[gthread]
[gtk]
[gtkc]
[pango]

But, because of a bug in dsss (http://dsource.org/projects/dsss/ticket/175) you can not yet build applications which use gtkd, unless, in "include/d/gtkc/Loader.di", you move the imports in lines 79 to 86 out of the class "Linker".

I did that, and i can build programs, but when i run one, this happens:
Code:
Loaded lib = {}, libgtk-x11-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libglib-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libatk-1.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libgobject-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libgdk-x11-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libgthread-2.0.so
Loaded lib = {}, libpango-1.0.so
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It doesnt tell me which library is not found Confused
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauer wrote:
The dsss.conf file doesn't work correctly.

Yes. I know. Sad See the /demos/gtkD/ folder for a sample dsss.conf file for compiling your own apps. Youll have to tell the linker where to find the files, because they go into the wrong place. Like this:
Code:

name = gtkDTests

requires = gtkD

[TestWindow.d]
type = binary
target = gtkDTests
buildflags = -debug=Tango -I/usr/local/include/d/src -I../../demos -L-ldl
#To also include the cairo clock example:
#buildflags += -version=cairo

It sucks, but that/s the best that can be done at the moment. It was a problem with dsss only being able to make libraries from a single dir. I haven\t checked if it has been fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: