FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lodepng

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lode

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: lodepng Reply with quote

Hello,

LodePNG 's D port is at the location http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/branches/lodepng.

LodePNG is originally written for C++ and the newest C++ version of it (from july 2007) is here: http://members.gamedev.net/lode/projects/LodePNG/

Since january 2007, the time when it was ported to D, the C++ version of LodePNG has undergone some important updates, including bugfixes related to images with color depths of less than 8 bits per pixel, and an encoder. D has built in zlib so at least the zlib changes done to LodePNG are unimportant for the D version, but the bit depths stuff is in the color model conversion functionality that is also part of the D version, and the encoder part is completely absent in the D version currently.

I hope that the D port of LodePNG, which I can't help maintaining myself at the moment unfortunately, will keep up with the improvements done to the C++ version.

Friendly regards,

Lode.
Lutger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: lodepng Reply with quote

Shame on me for not updating more regularly Embarassed

I'm writing up the docs now, and hope to get the new D version on DSSS in a couple of days. I have taken the liberty to refactor lodepng to a style more suited to the D programming language.

Lode wrote:

Since january 2007, the time when it was ported to D, the C++ version of LodePNG has undergone some important updates, including bugfixes related to images with color depths of less than 8 bits per pixel, and an encoder. D has built in zlib so at least the zlib changes done to LodePNG are unimportant for the D version, but the bit depths stuff is in the color model conversion functionality that is also part of the D version, and the encoder part is completely absent in the D version currently.

The new version has an encoder and can correctly decode / convert all of the images in the pngsuite. It will also work with the Tango platform library. I'll take a closer look at these less than 8-bit bit-twiddlings, they are still directly lifted from the (older) C++ version.

Quote:
I hope that the D port of LodePNG, which I can't help maintaining myself at the moment unfortunately, will keep up with the improvements done to the C++ version.

I intent to, it was a mistake of me to not make smaller, regular improvements.

Regards, and thanks for writing lodepng.
Lode

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for porting it Wink

A good way to see if 4-bit images and such work is to test all the images of the PNG Suite (http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngsuite.html)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DSSS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: