FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heading of dnet project - high replication layer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Heading of dnet project - high replication layer Reply with quote

First, I would like to say I am currently engaged 100% in my professional part of life (I am working 12h 6 days a week) for last 6 weeks, so I am unavailable for coding dnet. That does not slows project, thanks to excellent effort and contribution of mr. Dima-san. Many thanks go to him Smile

No matter for my engagements, I am thinking of higher level implementation of dnet. Here I would like to here about Your ideas. Am am not talking about dogslow (medium level) replication layer - I will implement it (again) in project as soon as dnet layer is stable. I am talking about high replication object layer, something that Raknet and other most advanced libraries have.

It's something like this:

You have class named ReplicationClass. In your network game you have a class Player that inherits ReplicationClass. Player has properties like Health, Position etc. And every time you create object of class PLayer, change any of its properties or destroy it, all the other hosts in network game will have same object created and modified etc.

I am interested in your opinion - what do you think it is simplest way to implement this? What api will be easiest and clear enough for most of the people to get it and use it without fuss? These are questions for both experienced D programmers as for a programmer newbies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> dnet All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: