FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

leds feature request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: leds feature request Reply with quote

I've been playing around with leds and thought of some things that would make leds better.

Startup) Is there any way to make it so when you open leds and it loads your previous file, to make the default 'Untitled' page not appear? Can the output box be maximized only on unsuccessful compiles and otherwise minimalized? And can the default font size just be a 'tiny' bit smaller? It looks huge on my comp.

Compiling) have an option somewhere (easily accessable) for the command to build your project. Example: A blank text box where you can type in 'build myproject.d -Rn -debug -g', and then hit 'ctrl-c' to compile the project.

Errors) When leds displays the list of errors, when a user double clicks or hits enter on them it will goto the file and line the error is at.

Shortcuts) Would be nice to have shortcuts for all important things. Like
ctrl-c : compile
ctrl-o : open file
ctrl-s: save
ctrl-a: save as
ctrl-x: close current file

I was toying with the idea of trying to implement these myself, but I really don't have the time for it so I thought if you thought these ideas were good you could implement them a lot faster and better than I ever could.

Thanks for you time : )

~ Clay
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: leds feature request Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
I've been playing around with leds and thought of some things that would make leds better.

Startup) Is there any way to make it so when you open leds and it loads your previous file, to make the default 'Untitled' page not appear? Can the output box be maximized only on unsuccessful compiles and otherwise minimalized? And can the default font size just be a 'tiny' bit smaller? It looks huge on my comp.

Compiling) have an option somewhere (easily accessable) for the command to build your project. Example: A blank text box where you can type in 'build myproject.d -Rn -debug -g', and then hit 'ctrl-c' to compile the project.

Errors) When leds displays the list of errors, when a user double clicks or hits enter on them it will goto the file and line the error is at.

Shortcuts) Would be nice to have shortcuts for all important things. Like
ctrl-c : compile
ctrl-o : open file
ctrl-s: save
ctrl-a: save as
ctrl-x: close current file

I was toying with the idea of trying to implement these myself, but I really don't have the time for it so I thought if you thought these ideas were good you could implement them a lot faster and better than I ever could.

Thanks for you time : )

~ Clay

Thanks for the ideas if these forums weren't so abnoxious I would reply one by one.
I say that I like most of them.

- font size should be the font and size defined for your Gtk installation (use the gnome tools to change it)

- compiling try to set up a project! then you can compile with 2 clicks any number of projects and any number of targets for each project.
defining a project and expecially a target is very complicated :( only I and people who can follow instruction can do it see:
http://leds.sourceforge.net/projBasic.html
http://leds.sourceforge.net/projBuild.html --- old build; usedfor intellisense
http://leds.sourceforge.net/projTarget.html --- to compilel; very difficult to setup - follow instruction carefully and you will be glad you did it when compiling is just 2 clicks
check toolbar function on http://leds.sourceforge.net/toolbar.html
right click on the gear tool to get a list of targets to compile
right click on the check tool to get a list of targets to run

I'm planing to create a GUI front endfor the build tool (and integrate it with leds)

- errors you can have leds popup a window with the compile result
goto: edit/preferences then on projects set "show build window" to "ON"
that will get you into the line that generated the error
nikolai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: refactoring Reply with quote

hi
firstly, i really love leds - it's great!!!!
it has almost all the features i need.
but could someone please add a refactoring tool, as it makes everything 10000000 times easier.

nikolai Very Happy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> leds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: